Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Beginner quilter

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
Simplex

Beginner quilter

Post by Simplex » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:51 am

Books to get

zfatcat

Re: Beginner quilter

Post by zfatcat » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:40 am

Still Stripping - After 25 Years, Eleanor Burns. This has some great quilts using a 2 1/2 in strips. If there is a local quilt store close try taking a class. Good luck.

Lori
Lori 8-)

12stepquilter

Post by 12stepquilter » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:54 am

Welcome welcome! Any book by Eleanor Burns will do. They are so easy to follow and the directions are written for the beginner to follow easily.
Looking forward to seeing what you make.
Rhonda

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:05 pm

She has one specifically for beginners. .. It's El-ementary. It is a great book with some small projects to get you started. Have fun!

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Eleanor burns has plenty of books with very good instructions for beginner. Very thorough. If watch her online video and you tube, you will be inspired. Have you checked for a guild in your area? My guild have a library/tools for its members and plenty of ways to get started with little money. They offer workshops at very little price to its members. This is where I discovered Eleanor burns books. My guild showed a demos on flying geese ruler and I purchased Eleanor burns book/ruler as result.

Whatever you decide, you will soon find there isn't enough time in the day to make all those quilts.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”