Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Merryman House 2015 Post Paducah AQS show UPDATE

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
gmaann

Merryman House 2015 Post Paducah AQS show UPDATE

Post by gmaann » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:35 am

I have had word from Nancy Workman that a representative of Merryman House has picked up the quilts, pillowcases and crayons and coloring books from the QIAD facility on Jefferson Avenue in Paducah. She reports about 2 DOZEN quilts, more than that number of pillowcases, and LOTS of crayons and coloring books. I am so pleased. This may be the biggest turnout we have ever had. THANK YOU SO MUCH, FORUM FRIENDS! And a special thanks to Nancy (qltsbeme) for taking this project over at the last minute.

I am still sorry that I wasn't able to go to Paducah this year, but am recovering well from my hip replacement surgery on Monday - and expect to be back in Paducah in 2016 in full strength!

Thanks again to ALL of you for making this project a success and such a reminder of the caring quilters on this forum. You are the best!

Ann
XOX

Each year the whole city of Paducah rolls out the red carpet for quilters in April. As a way of 'giving back' the good friends of the QIAD Community Forum have been donating quilts to the Merryman House, a shelter for abused women and their children. We started this in about 2008. I estimate that we have given well over 100 quilts and almost that many pillowcases (though we just added pillowcases last year!).

If you can donate a quilt - or a pillowcase - or a coloring book/crayons, it would be most appreciated! I will collect these items and deliver them to a representative of Merryman House during Quilt Week, April 22-25. These items can be sent to me to arrive prior to April 12, or sent to my attention to the QIAD store in Paducah to arrive by April 22.

Please PM me for addresses!

Many, many thanks - from me and from the residents of Merryman House!

Ann/gmaann
XOX

billizzy

Re: Merryman House 2015 Post Paducah AQS show UPDATE

Post by billizzy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:48 am

Ann I will be finishing two for you:)) also will have coloring books and Crayons:))

Hey if any of you near me need me to deliver I will gladly do it:)) Just PM me and we can meet up and I will take them down when I go in April.

Izzy
🐐izzy

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:53 am

A beautiful quilt has arrived from MaryZ! It is just lovely with blues and whites in many patterns - a fantastic Sampler Quilt! I know it will bring comfort to someone at the shelter. Thank you, Mary!

homegirl

Post by homegirl » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:18 am

I will be bringing a couple of quilts and some pillowcases. One of the ladies from guild is also sending some pillowcases. Happy dance seeing all again.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:52 am

Just need to sew down the binding and it will be on the way. Loir
Lori 8-)

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:34 am

Hi Ann.....I have 10 Children's pillow cases to send to you. I will PM you.

Thanks
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:04 am

Yesterday's mail brought a box of 10 beautiful, cheery, cozy flannel pillowcases from Oasis/Linda S! I can just imagine how they will be loved by children at Merryman House. Linda has been a supporter of this project for many years - maybe from the very first time we did this under the encouragement of Linda Parker - I think that was in 2008.

Thank you, Linda!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:10 pm

A quilt is on its way. Lori
Lori 8-)

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:03 pm

Today I received another box from Oasis/Linda S. containing the sweetest, softest little flannel quilts. There are 11 of them, in sizes ranging from 11" square to 17" square. It was Linda's thought that perhaps these little flannel quilts could take the place of a beloved stuffed animal or 'bankie' that a child had to leave behind. What a great idea. I had asked last year if Merryman House would like to have donations of stuffed animals, but was told that laundering them was a problem. I think Linda's contribution is the perfect answer to that problem!

Thank you Linda!!

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:10 pm

The mailman brought a package today from zfatcat/Lori with a really beautiful Scrappy Stars quilt. I suppose it is lap size, but I think it would definitely cover a twin bed. Some Mom at Merryman House is going to be comforted by it! Lori is another of the long-time faithful supporters of this project. What a blessing it is to have so many kind, caring forum friends!

Thank you, Lori!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”