Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

nine patches for troops

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
kho

nine patches for troops

Post by kho » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:35 am

Another group I am in is asking for some 9 patch blocks. The center block must be white, or white tot, the corner blocks must be red, with blue blocks in the middle or the corner blocks can be blue, with red blocks in the middle. Block size must measure 9 1/2 inches. Fabric must be prewashed and dried.. if you are able to do a couple let me know and I will send you the gal's address. She is going to piece them into twin tops and quilt them and send them on to the Ship Support Group. Thanks.

Squares should be 3 1/2 inches. No girly patterns please, and no flags.

gershwin64

Re: nine patches for troops

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:22 am

Sandy, what size blocks do we start out with to make the 9 patch?
Tina

kho

Post by kho » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:52 am

squares should be 3 1/2 inches... Thanks..

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:18 am

Sandy, is there a deadline on this project or is it on-going?

kho

Post by kho » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:42 am

She would like these blocks in December so she can put them together in January. If she has enough interest she may try a different block the next time. These quilts go to folks on ships who are the POC's. Point of Contact for troops that boxes are sent to. They receive and distribute the things in the boxes and sometimes that includes the quilts.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”