Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Flower power pattern

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
Sewcla1947

Flower power pattern

Post by Sewcla1947 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:11 am

Help! What is the trick to line up points on hexagon pattern. I know it's suppose to be full-proof, but I have ripped out so many times - I have worn the material out. I know what they say about doing the same thing over and over again.

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Flower power pattern

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:20 am

I've had a couple of mine not match perfectly. but not by much.. are yours way off? maybe they need to be measured again.

Exodus 33:14

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Be sure to stop 1/4" from the edge. I like to mark my start/stop points with a marking implement (your choice... Frixion, eversharp lead, water soluble. Be sure they are accurate. I also pin the dots before sewing.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:36 am

That is the reason, why I fear the hexagon, points after watching Eleanor Burns video on you tube, felt more at ease in attempting some day.. I'm cutting my itty bitty with a mini hexi for later.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:30 am

I have recently viewed Eleanor burns & Missouri quilt hexie videos, and you tubes, a few different styles.. Some based on adding a triangle another based on half hexie sewing by row no points to worry, then another was form a pocket style and turn over and iron 3 flowers one top each other.. All very lovely, and looked easy..

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”