Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Scrap Bag Block from Free Patterns

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
CheerfulHeart

Scrap Bag Block from Free Patterns

Post by CheerfulHeart » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:06 am

If and when I become skilled enough, I'd like to make the Scrap Bag block shown in the Free Patterns section. :-) (I am a total novice at sewing, although I have taken classes and workshops. I lack the hand-eye coordination needed for using a sewing machine.) I am wondering...What are the dimensions of the completed block? Thank you!

gmaann

Re: Scrap Bag Block from Free Patterns

Post by gmaann » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Square should measure 16 1/2"
As long as all blocks are the same measurement you will be OK. This is not the easiest block because there are so many pieces. Just be careful to have accurate 1/4" seams and you will be OK. Will you be piecing by hand?

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:15 am

I like this block too. In fact, when I looked back at my saved patterns on my computer, I found that I saved it twice. LOL I guess I should plan to make this one, soon.

Good Luck. Hope you are successful with your challenge. Just be sure to watch the 1/4 inch seams or it won't come out right.

Hugs
Velda
HUGS, đź’• Vel

MainelyMe

Post by MainelyMe » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:34 pm

If you look at the block you'll see that it is made up of some easy to learn blocks, nine patch, rail and half square triangles. The key is careful measurements and even 1/4 inch sewing. Good luck!
Joan

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”