Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

signature blocks

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
kho

signature blocks

Post by kho » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

I have tried using pigma pens and they get a tuff on the end of them. I think I have the wrong size of pens. I have also tried freezer paper on the back and wasn't happy with that. markers, including laundry ones bleed a bit. Help.

I need something that works great and quick to get these things going. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

auntjana

Re: signature blocks

Post by auntjana » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:20 pm

There are some scrapbooking pens for journaling that I have used. Ask a good scrapbook store -make sure it is permanent. You also need to set it with dry heat from your iron.

I always use the freezer paper -just a strip the size where the name goes. It does a great job of stabilizing the fabric. I also use a iron on Sulky Stabilizer for my machine embroidery -it is temporary and that may work as well.
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:43 pm

Jana's suggestion of freezer paper is a great one... I will never write on fabric with out it.

you can find freezer paper near the plastic wrap and foil in the grocery store...

after signing your block set it with a hot iron...

hope this works Sandy.
Exodus 33:14

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Use pigma pens and feezer paper. write slowly, and set with an iron///has always worked for me.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:23 pm

Yes I agree with everyone's posting. I didn't use the fine tip
Pigma pen. I used the medium point. Worked so much better but you
Still have to go slow.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:30 am

I agree with all. You could always embroider your signature, too, but that's not so quick.

About freezer paper - in my grocery store it's not with the waxed paper and plastic wrap but near the preserving supplies, like sugar, jam jars, etc. Or, if you don't want to buy a whole box of it, ask the butcher for just a single piece. They use it to wrap meat at the special meat counter.

kho

Post by kho » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:29 pm

Thank you. I have a huge roll of freezer paper now. Will look into the medium pens and the scrapbooking pens. I appreciate all of the help.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:33 am

Yes I had same prob when new at pen, try less pressure, the angle you hold will make a slight difference. I know sounds crazy but worked better for me..

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:35 am

Freezer paper can use your meat wrapper from butcher shop to test run.. Butcher shop might even give you small piece to try.. if ask..
What I did before buying, I was given 3yards of the paper lasted awhile.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”