Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Merryman House - 4/30 Update

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
gmaann

Merryman House - 4/30 Update

Post by gmaann » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:05 am

I have just returned from Paducah. On Friday, Izzy came and brought a beautiful Swirling Stars quilt. I then called Tina, from the Merryman House and she came to collect our 14 quilts and 72 pillowcases and crayons and coloring books. She was in awe of the amount and the beauty of our contribution! She asked me for the email addresses of each contributor so they could send a 'thank you' to each one, but I could not provide the addresses. I told her that all contributors were members of our Community Forum on the Quilt in a Day website.

I know I will receive a communication from them, and will post it here.

It was wonderful to see kho, homegirl, xteacher2, corning and Dorie for dinner one night while we were all in Paducah. It was also wonderful to meet Izzy, her 'handsome bald husband' and their daughter later in the week. I received a quilt at home from zfatcat, and another from JayKay delivered to the QIAD store in Paducah. I feel so blessed to know all of you, and to be able to bless the women and children of Merryman House with these quilts and pillowcases and coloring books and crayons! You are all the BEST!

Homegirl took photos of all the quilts we had when we met for dinner, and zfatcat posted the photo of her quilt here on the forum. I used to be able to post photos, but have failed the past few times I have tried. You'll just have to trust me that they were all just great!

A very heartfelt THANK YOU to all!

Ann/gmaann
XOXOX

I have spoken with Tina at Merryman House. She tells me that pillowcases are also needed there, and that coloring books and crayons would be welcome. Stuffed toys can only be used if they are truly washable - like in a washing machine. So if you can donate any of these things, they would also be appreciated! Send me a PM if you need an address. The QIAD store in Paducah will hold things there, or you can mail them directly to me. I will be heading to Paducah on April 10th. If you come to Paducah, you can bring things with you and just ask for me at the new QIAD location! Thanks SO MUCH!

Ann

Paducah quilt time is coming up soon - April 23-26. For the past several years - like probably 6 or 7, the Quilt in a Day forum members have donated quilts to be given to the Merryman House, a shelter for abused women and their children in Paducah. The City of Paducah rolls out the red carpet for quilters each year, and this is one small way we can thank them and give back to the community. I go to Paducah to work at the Quilt in a Day facility there during the AQS show, and will deliver the quilts to the Merryman House. A quilt of any size is welcome. Moms and babies and children of all ages are comforted by quilts - especially at this difficult time in their lives.

The Merryman House has always been so appreciative of whatever we can do, and I'd like to see this project continued!

Quilts can be sent to me or to the QIAD store in Paducah, to my attention. They will hold the quilts for me to retrieve.

Please contact me for addresses if you would be willing to be a part of the Project from the Heart.

Thanks!
Ann/gmaann
XOX

billizzy

Re: Merryman House - 4/30 Update

Post by billizzy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:00 am

I plan to be at paducah show. Can I bring it to you there?

what a great project and would love to donate one :)

izzy
🐐izzy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:14 am

I'll make one and send it to you. Lori
Lori 8-)

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:53 pm

Yes, Izzy, you can bring it to Paducah! Better to save the postage $ for more fabric. I work for QIAD there, so just ask for me! Thank you so much!

And thanks to Lori, who prodded me! I have spearheaded this project for several years, but I was slow this year in posting. It is such an important and needed project - and so much appreciated!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:20 pm

great then I will look you up cause I always go to els show and have fun in her tent:)) pretty pretties there. You will know when I arrive DD will be with me and we always have to sit at very back of tent. She is in w/c and boy does she like to hoot and holler to be heard LOL So we sit way in back so not a distraction to other and DH can get up and walk around with her if need be:))

Izzy
🐐izzy

homegirl

Post by homegirl » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:52 am

I will be coming down a week ahead but already have 3 quilts almost ready and will try for one more. See ya soon
Judy

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:05 am

That's WONDERFUL, Judy!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see you. Merryman House is always so appreciative of the quilts we donate, and you have been so faithful in that regard!

Sandy has my cell phone #, so you can call me whenever you get there! The set-up will be different this year, so I'm not sure just where I'll be.

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:12 am

Today I received in the mail a beautiful quilt from Maryq for Merryman House. Mary has donated in the past, and her quilts are really lovely! I know this quilt in the Colorado pattern - from Eleanor's Pioneer Sampler book will be much loved by someone at a dark time in their life, and on into better days ahead! Quilts give such great comfort to all!

Thank you, Maryq!!

kho

Post by kho » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Sharon has quilted them and they are back here at my house. Will put the borders on them next week and they will be good to go. May try to post pictures later to. Dori has one and I have 2 to bring. Looking forward to seeing you Ann!!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:37 am

Ann I have 2 quilts for you:) I will also pick up the crayons and coloring books too:)

Izzy
🐐izzy

Return to “Projects from the Heart”