Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sulky embrodiery thread

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
ollie1shoe

Sulky embrodiery thread

Post by ollie1shoe » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:06 pm

I purchased some sulky thread on line for grand daughters new embrodiery machine it's a brother and the. Thread I purchased from hancocks fabric keeps fraying and breaking she changed and put new needle in still doing it. So does anyone else have a brother embrodiery machine and is able to use sulky thread on it ok one friend on another forum said she puts her thread in the freezer. And that helps ???? Never heard of that trick before any suggestions I had ordered 17 spools of thread on sale from them but I'm thinking I did not get good thread

fabricgirl

Re: Sulky embrodiery thread

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:28 pm

Glenda I dont have one of those machines but I would try and send back the unused threads there is a online sight called threadart they carry emberody thread and alot more.

I hope this helps.
Lois

TooMuchFabric

Post by TooMuchFabric » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:25 am

I use Sulky thread in my Baby Lock and it works well. I also use Madeira, Hemingworth, Gunold, and Gutterman with good success.

My machine does what you are describing on some brands. When I first got my machine I had difficutly with a certain brand and contacted the company. They sent a postpaid envelope and asked me to send the thread to them and they replaced it. The replacements worked fine.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:20 am

I use Sulky threads in my embroidery machine with mo problems. Is she using a embroidery needle? The eyes are bigger andallow the thread to flow through.
Jana

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”