Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

babylock machine question is it worth getting fixed

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
ollie1shoe

babylock machine question is it worth getting fixed

Post by ollie1shoe » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:53 pm

took my 2002 babylock ESP to get worked on today it will not feed fabric thru lady told me it will cost 256.00 to get the part and put it in the feed dogs go up and down but not coming forward like they are suppose to do makes a little funny noise she says its from it wearing out the part so would you spend that much money on a 10 year old machine that cost 1300.00 when I purchased it she said the machine was never registered because the dealership went out of business shortly after I bought it this is my backup machine and I know it has not been used enough it should have not been wore out I bought another babylock in 2008 that I use all the time just don't know if I need to get opinion from another dealer as this being back up machine just hate to give up on it so basically I used it about 5 to 6 years its life should be better than that are am I wrong please advise me what you would do

gershwin64

Re: babylock machine question is it worth getting fixed

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:06 pm

I'd get a second opinion, that sounds kinda high plus there should be some way for your warranty to kick in? They have a pretty long warranty don't they? They should see the manufacture date on it and serial number, they should stand behing it because it wasn't your fault that the dealer you bought it from didn't register it and went out of business. My thoughts. I'd fix it but try to exhaust all the help first.
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:19 am

I agree with Tina - get a second opinion. I finally did wear out my 20 yr old Bernie, but when it was about 10 yrs old, I took it to one shop and they said it was worn out and unrepairable and they had a new one all ready to sell me. I went for a second opinion and was told it needed a simple repair. I got another 10 yrs out of it for about $150.

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:18 am

Tina the dealer I bought it from went out of business shortly after I purchased it and they did not register the machine 😭that's what Babylock told the dealer I went to yesterday and there's nothing I can do they have no record that this machine was ever sold to me

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:26 pm

I would look in the yellow pages to see if you can find a machine repair man let him give you an estimate and take it from there my elna was a little sick she had alot of congestion of fibers in her gears so he cleaned it and made a few minor adjustments for 85.65 my machine is wonderful once again.

Lois.

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:30 pm

Well I decided to get second opinion. Took machine to another dealer they said all it needed was servicing it I paid 79.00 today and right now it's. Sewing like a new one so proud I took it to another dealer. Don't know how long this will last but right now it's doing great so proud I went to another Babylock dealer

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”