Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Hexaholics (aka. GFG enthusiasts)- Here's a place for us to post

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
mellomayking

Re: Hexaholics (aka. GFG enthusiasts)- Here's a place for us to post

Post by mellomayking » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:55 pm

I spent all yesterday afternoon ironing and cutting fabric. I will be "stamping" my strips and cutting them out, hopefully, today. Can't wait to try this "by Kate" method.

Not too sure about my hand-sewing, though. Oh well, I guess it will improve with practice. If I ever get a flower done, I will post a pic! LOL

Mel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:58 am

I bought the Hexagon and triangle Go dies so I could make more Hexie quilts faster. lol

Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:52 pm

now that is a pretty block Lori.. very pretty.
Psalm 91

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:57 am

Thanks Chriss. I made this block in rows on the machine. The possiblities are endless. lol Lori
Lori 8-)

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd check out everyone's hexagons! I love everyone's pictures. These are really fun. Thanks for the links on different ways to do the hexagons & your inspiration.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:42 am

Cute little hexie project I saw online. It's a mug rug about 4 x 5. I made this one.
[/IMG]

Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:02 am

such a cute mug rug Lori.... they are addicting aren't they... I am still working on my scrappy hexi's... but not as often as I was when I first started... but when I need to have hand work I drag them out of the closet...
Psalm 91

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:23 pm

momo6quilts- That's the kind of hexies I grew up as a child, every darn household had them to teach me my colors they had me count, and color into various cardboard shoe boxes, till I fell asleep.. Everywhere you went women compared their flower hexagon. Grew up running from the hexagons, tried it recently myself, HATE IT!

One lady said on no, there is a trick to it, and showed me her technique, so maybe..

Our mini workshop instructor had the tinniest hexagon necklace, thought she was crazy, but you know I'm changing my views on hexagons.

Grammie quilts-You know how I so so look forward to seeing your next hexagon center..

Yes, another way for hexies, cut hexi in half join in straight row, then something to the effect, join them together row by row, no corners.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:03 am

grammiequilts You know how much I love to see the table toppers you make.. So pretty..

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:07 am

Zfatcat- Love the finished hexa..

In our guild a new trend is growing necklases made of the tinniest hexagon I've ever seen.. Hope they give workshops for me to learn.

I must say till this yr. I hated hexa and never would I find myself making anything, as a child my aunts all had on their bed, that crazy fortrell in 4 basic colors.. Shoe boxes after boxes they;d make me sort out the colors. Hated going to their house just because of hexies. Now, I take a new outlook on the flower garden..

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”