Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

BabyLocks

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
fanquilt

BabyLocks

Post by fanquilt » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:44 am

Hiya,

I am wondering what all does a babylock machine do? Can someone that has one tell me pls? I'm looking for straight sewing and embrodiery as well.

June

auntjana

Re: BabyLocks

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:52 pm

There are many machines out there that will do what you want. Babykock is a good brand, as well as others -go to a dealer and test drive different ones, until you find the one that makes you happy.

Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:43 pm

although Babylock is my dream machine, I have a Singer 7470 and I love it. The president of our local quilt club has a Brother from K-mart and likes it. No matter what brand you purchase, make sure the feed dogs drop.

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi June,
I have had my Babylock Elegante Embroidery machine for several years and just love it. It has 4 hoop sizes, from very small to very large (about 8" x 14"). I can download designs from the internet directly to the machine via a lap top or onto a flash drive. The machine also came with quite a few stock designs and alphabet fonts in memory. It is a very good machine and I just love it. I agree that the best way to find a new machine is to go to a dealer and look at all your options. Hope you find the machine of your dreams!

TooMuchFabric

Post by TooMuchFabric » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:49 am

I have Baby Lock machines and love them. They are amazing and easy to use. I have had mine about five years and still use the manual because I don't begin to use all of the features for sewing or embroidery. The manual is easy to read and follow as well. Mine sews very well and embroideries very well. If I were buying today I would be at the Baby Lock dealer looking to see what was new!

fanquilt

Post by fanquilt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Thank you all for the feedback. So can you sew anything on a babylock so that you'd only need one machine or 1 reg sewing machine and 1 babylock. I'm working on a parttime job so I can buy me a newer machine but I'm in quicksand as to what type of machine. I want sew and embrodiery and put those fancy edgings along the edge of fabric. So help pls?

June

quiltwithmom

Post by quiltwithmom » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:41 pm

Yes June you can sew and embroider anything on a Babylock machine. Depending on your budget you can get a nice machine. Only one machine is needed. Be sure that it will do both. I did not have much $ when I bought mine a few years ago. I have the Ellure plus and love it! Be sure to check the Babylock web site and watch the videos.
Let us know which one you get. You will get lot of help here. Your dealer will give you free lessons.
Kathy

fanquilt

Post by fanquilt » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:59 am

Thank you all for the wonderful great information. June

MissMolly

Post by MissMolly » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:45 pm

A year ago I said to my hubby I'd like to make a quilt
well the next morning off we went. He bought me an BabyLock Elegante3 for making my quilt. I already had a Singer Futura but found it awkward to use the embroidery portion. Now I promptly gave to my daughter since the Elegante3 does all..
LOVE love love my Elegante3...Now that I am retired - I can quilt to my hearts content...
You will love what BabyLock's can do...

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”