Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

rulers

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
TooMuchFabric

rulers

Post by TooMuchFabric » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:48 am

Recently I had been out and about with my quilting things and when I went to the car managed to trip and break my two favorite rulers...yes, I am very clumsy.

After that explanation...have you found the new rulers (same brands, same markings) to not be as thick as the older ones?

The ones I broke were well over 10 years old.

FarmChick

Re: rulers

Post by FarmChick » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:59 am

I never thought of that, but think you may be right. It does seem like my rulers that burned up were thicker than the replacements. Same with the cutting mats!

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:08 am

I am a hand quilter. Recently I had to replace my favorite wood hoop. The new ones are so thin I broke 2 the same size already.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:08 am

As a product demonstrator, I tell customers take note of 1-800- toll free on your product, where suggestion box call company, tell of your mishap, answer their questions, and chances are you might receive a ruler. It is only good customer relations to send you some free stuff, and believe me it works, I have obtained many extra products using this toll free, because companies stand by their product.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”