Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tracing wheel and paper

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
girl

Tracing wheel and paper

Post by girl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:50 am

Hi, I have a problem and I wonder if I'm the only one? I bought a tracing wheel and paper and for some reason I can't see the marks on my fabric after tracing them. the wheel i think is fine? New! Paper new! I'm ready to give them away. or take back to store and say they are junk!! Any advise will be great. I'v been making Barbie clothes for my granddaughter. HELP!! Thank you Barbara

MainelyMe

Re: Tracing wheel and paper

Post by MainelyMe » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 pm

I've always found that you really have to put some pressure on the wheel ( press down ) or the color doesn't come off the paper onto the fabric very well. Also, it depends on what color fabric you use with what color paper. Some just don't show up well on certain colors.
Joan

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Barbara, are you sure the paper color will show up on the fabric.. that it's not blue on blue or something like that...

I have never used a wheel and paper.. I use a mark b gone pen.. it goes away in water... so don't use a steam iron or you'll lose your mark...lol

hope you get it to work
Exodus 33:14

girl

Post by girl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:42 pm

I'm going to try another color fabric today and see what happens.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”