Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

treadle machine or feather weight question

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
ollie1shoe

treadle machine or feather weight question

Post by ollie1shoe » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:14 pm

will a feather weight fit in the same cabinet that a treadle machine fits in or is there a insert you could buy so it would fit

FarmChick

Re: treadle machine or feather weight question

Post by FarmChick » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:00 am

No, the Featherweight does not fit. It has it's own little arm that folds down to use as it's self-contained sewing surface. They make Featherweight tables that look like card tables.

If you are looking for a machine to fit the treadle, you might consider adding a motor to the treadle machine or looking at some older machines at yard sales. A 15-91 might fit or a 99 or some of the others. You can pick them up for a dollar or two, clean them up and oil them and have a good straight-stitch machine. Quarter-inch feet are available for them. I'm using a 15-91 for piecing and love it!

Do you have a treadle machine with your cabinet? It might be fun to sew on like our Grandmas did. Actually, I made a blouse, apron and skirt on them in 7th grade sewing class.

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:33 pm

I HAVE THE TREADLE MACHINE AND CABINET BUT THERE ARE SEVERAL PARTS MISSING FROM MACHINE AND NO DEALERS CLOSE BY TO GET WORK DONE FOR IT i would love to be able to tredle like my grand mother did

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:39 am

Glenda look on ebay maybe someone is selling one .

Lois

somari

Post by somari » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:29 am

If they're still in business Jean S Lyle across the river from St Louis is a source specializing in Featherweight.

somari

Post by somari » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:30 am

My treadle is brand new! I bought a "Singer" head manufactured in India where they tailors still use them. The cherry cabinet is from Brazil. Never used it because I was distracted by my new long arm.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”