Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

New to Forum: need suggestions

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
scrapquilter48

Re: New to Forum: need suggestions

Post by scrapquilter48 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:33 pm

You know I came across an other idea, XBlock rulers, they have some very tiny would work for doll blanket.

ArcherSaysI

Post by ArcherSaysI » Sun May 24, 2015 11:55 am

Hi Sandy! I know this may seem a little backwards thinking but have you tried cross-stitch design to mimick patchwork? Say, on a plain white fabric background, maybe two layers, with cross stitch or embroidery stitches in a pattern similar to blocks?

marynlee123

Post by marynlee123 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:48 am

Reverse applique might work nicely. Taking one fabric and treating it like cutwork, putting a cutout fabric on top of another, and stitching around the shape is somewhat like a quilt as-you-go. Applique flowers and vines might work too. I don't know if this will help, but this is what I 'saw' when I read your post. Even though this post is too late to help, I still hope to see what you decided. I am a newbie to this forum, an oldbie to quilting, sewing, and embroidery. I just thought I would jump in and get my feet wet. I know how much help it is to have someone to talk things through with.

marynlee123

Post by marynlee123 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:50 am

ArcherSaysI had a good idea with cross-stitch. It has worked for me before. I also found a lot more patterns of chicken scratch more to my liking.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:09 pm

Here's what I have been working on lately. Cleaning out my bits of leftovers. With the long strips good for 3dudes quilting, (sew strips in a strata and cut them say triangle and quilt as go..) OR will sew them on a sweatshirt for neat blazer..

The odd shapes I purchased those mini templates trace them by hand while keeping ktn company and at mtgs. create myself some table toppers, pillowcase trims, sofa pillow tops, potholders or simply make sampler blocks for a bigger quilts. Lots of fun..

Projects that can be sold at Quilt reflections boutique in April 2016 so I can get a % of sale. Help pay back my fabric purchase. Do these ideas sound fun to you?

Of course doll dresses be cute in mini template trims.

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:47 am

Welcome to our world

Helen

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”