Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

New to Forum: need suggestions

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
suziemouse

New to Forum: need suggestions

Post by suziemouse » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:55 am

Hello,
I just joined this forum. My name is suziemouse I am 57 and love sewing in just about every form. Have sewn since I was around 11.
I am currently searching for small patterns to use in quilting the bottoms of skirts for 18 inch dolls.
Does anyone have suggestions?

thanks
Suziemouse/Sandy

Marilynsgrammy

Re: New to Forum: need suggestions

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:45 am

hi Sandy, welcome to the forum.

if you are looking for small quilt blocks try quilters cache.. it's an online compiling of blocks in many different sizes.... you could make them and sew them together and "hem" your skirt with them...

there are so many free applique or pieced block patterns out there, you could find just about anything by googling it...

your idea sounds neat, be sure to let us know how it came out..

Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:57 am

If you find a block that you like - and it is small pieces - try paper piecing it together - works great for small blocks.

There are some of El's rulers - her Flying Geese rulers that have some very small sizes - good to make stars with.

Good luck
Jana

classathome

Post by classathome » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Suziemouse - I was just reading your short bio and question and have no help to offer but found it interesting that you are 57 - I'm 62 and you enjoy sewing in any form like me and sewing since you were 11. I started when I was ten using a old black singer my grandmother had given me and I made doggy coats. But what's really interesting is that you also live in Renton Wa. Anyway your idea sounds very cute - how about some kind of diamond pattern. Anyway good luck.

kho

Post by kho » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:12 am

Hi Sandy, I wonder if any of the Dear Jane patterns would work? How small are you wanting the blocks to be?
Sandy, in Illinois

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:04 am

I tk paper piecing a great idea.. My expertise is piano keyboard borders extent of my rookie quilt experience.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:14 am

Here I am bossing about, as if I know anything, and didn't mention:
WELCOME TO THE SITE.. You will soon notice my views/ideas are truly Canadian, and may not make much sense to you everytime as said take it leave it..

One thing for sure WEATHER is usually what everyone complains about here..

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Susie, I don't have any suggestions for you other than to Google tiny quilt patterns, or just to make big ones smaller. but welcome to the forum! I'm from Gig Harbor, just down the highway! and we have another Susie who lives in Montesano, Rita is from Tacoma, Sue from Bellingham and Katherine - from (I think) Everett area. Washington is well represented!

MainelyMe

Post by MainelyMe » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:20 pm

Sandy,
I have just recently received a few doll clothes patterns from the 1950's that I would be willing to send to you if you would like them. PM me if you are interested.
Joan

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:45 am

Hi Sandy and welcome to the forum. If you are looking for small patterns you might want to try a book on miniature quilts. I have one and have used some of the individual blocks for my projects.

Again welcome and come back often and post. We are all friends here. I too like many types of sewing including cross stitching and crocheting.

Sherry

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”