Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

'AOTH' (Affairs of the heart) Applique Masterpiece, by Aie Rossmann.

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
shelly322002

'AOTH' (Affairs of the heart) Applique Masterpiece, by Aie Rossmann.

Post by shelly322002 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:28 pm

As well as doing the 'Dear Jane', many 'RR's, swaps, lotto's, 'sew a longs', etc etc etc... I've also been completing the odd 'AOTH' block here and there. This is my relaxation sewing, in front of the TV.

here are my first 6 blocks completed... i think i may 'QAYG' these ones... I'm still thinking about it :)
thanks for looking...
[/img]

UPDATE... Feb 2016, almost a centre panel made...

here are some pics of quilt tops made by other ladies for you to see the full 'top'
'Kathy's top"

'Donna's top'

'Lisa's top'

Lisa's border's'

'Lisa's corner's added'

here's a page from the book as an example...

shelly322002

Re: 'AOTH' (Affairs of the heart) Applique Masterpiece, by Aie Rossmann.

Post by shelly322002 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:46 pm

would anyone like to join me on this adventure also?
lol...
go on!!

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Jacquie, WOW! These blocks are awesome! This would make one of the most precious gifts from the heart for a loved one.

Where did you ever find these block patterns? Do you receive the fabric or just use your own? I want details. I always enjoy doing something diff from the ordinary blocks. Each one of these would make a fascinating gift of love in a little wall hanging or pillow. But put together in a quilt.........I can not even imagine the finished quilt with all its hearts and gold trim. Is the gold hand stitching or machine?

You sure peaked my interest. So don't leave me hanging. What are the details????????? God bless, love and hugs, Shirley Mae

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:42 pm

hi shirley mae, thanks for your interest!
you can basically choose any background colour you like, the original is in black, which may i add is STUNNING!
they're 7" finished blocks, the gold swirls are hand embroidery.
here are a few pics of the almost finished product the ladies have done on the other forum. they're BEAUTIFUL!!
a lot of the ladies are making their own border designs up as you'll see, they're all different.
very sweet and talented ladies!!
i've added some of the ladies pics to the header for you to see.

i forgot to add that i just bought the required amount of back ground fabric for the whole top. the flowers, you can use ANYTHING. these are all from my Batik scrap back. other ladies use any design of fabric they have. as some of the pieces are small, you don't really see the design... just the colour. so ugly fabric will be fine also lol...
so this quilt is all from your stash etc, not a 'BOM'

it's all needle turn, no machine at all...

lot's of the pieces are layered on top of each other, so you may need to flip the work over and cut away the bulk as you go, otherwise it can become heavy with material.

in the book, this is what you get for each block... (look above at header of thread page)
it gives you the coloured block and the pattern to trace or photocopy, all in pieced number order.

i hope i've answered everything!! lol...
happy sewing!!

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Jacquie, Thanks so much for all the interesting info and the colorful pics. Your sky blue bkgd will look awesome, like stained glass against a pretty blue sky day. Can't wait to see what all you come up with. Are you doing them in some sort of order or just random?

That choc bkgd is so diff from the others. Perhaps the color choices of pinks and lavenders change the looks from all the other random fabrics in the other pics. It reminded me of choc petit fours decorated with pretty frosted flowers.

Each one has its own look but so precious in the overall design. I scrolled up and down and no two look exactly the same in each diff persons quilt blocks. I love yours done in batiks. I have a lot of small odd and end stuff. I think I like this even better than the DJ blocks. More challenging and not so tiny to work with.

Thank you for sharing with me and others. Have to pack and get moved but hope to start on something like this soon. Thanks for the inspiration to do something diff. May God bless you as you quilt all these projects you have going right now. Love and hugs, Shirley Mae

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:01 am

I think this is one of the most beautiful quilts I've ever seen. Looks time-consuming but well worth it. Thanks for all the pix.

sewingbee44

Post by sewingbee44 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:53 pm

Shelly they are just gorgeous!!!!!! I love hearts, I collect anything with hearts. Even my wedding ring has a heart diamond and my other jewelry also. Did I say I love hearts?(hehe).

What is the name of the book? I want to buy one. Tomorrow I'm going in for surgery and afterwards I do not know where it will take me. If I'm going to be laid up, this would be perfect.

Thanks for sharing and to all the ladies.

God Bless You!

Yvette:>

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:09 am

it's called...
Applique masterpiece,
AFFAIRS OF THE HEART.
by, 'Aie Rossmann'

i hope you get on ok with your opp, i agree, this would be ideal for your re-couping...
take care deary, and 'thank you' for your kind words :)
here is another block i've gone...

[/img]

ooooh, i've just spotted a bit i need to re do... isn't it funny how you don't see something until it's there infront of you on the pc screen! that's happened to me a few times!! lol...

sewingbee44

Post by sewingbee44 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Thank you so much. Surgery went well. No I wait for my results.It's to see if I have ovarian cancer. This week will be long. I need to get this book to keep my mind busy.

Can't wait to see your quilt when it's all done.

Take care!

Yvette:>

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:20 am

yvette, i very pleased all went well. fingers crossed my dear for a good result.
take care, and enjoy your book!
xxx j xxx

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”