Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

New project (knit and crotchet)

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
WeSignificant

New project (knit and crotchet)

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:22 am

Just thought I would put this out there in case anyone has time to participate. The local Red Cross building in Fairfield, CA (my LQS is there) burned down recently and all the hats they had for chemo patients were destroyed. The quilting community here is asking for help in kniting or crotcheting up several hats so they have something to donate to these women. I thought I would put this out there is anybody has time and would like to make one or two up, I will make sure they get to the appropriate person. Please PM me if you can help and need my address. Thanks Valerie
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Oasis

Re: New project (knit and crotchet)

Post by Oasis » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:31 am

Is there a very simple pattern for this Val?

I have been practicing my crocheting, and would like to TRY this.

Linda
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:25 am

Just came in from shoveling snow! Found a box in my garage full of Knitting Needles. OH BOY! I think some were my Mom's. So now I am ready to start knitting some hats.. It's a great project for while i watch TV at nite!

I actually watch so little TV, but when I get home from work at night, I find an hour or so of TV and knitting helps me "de-stress" so that's my excuse for not doing house chores at night!

will pick out some pretty yarn.... found a book of patterns I forgot I had.

Linda... I have some crochet patterns I could stick in the mail to you! I bet if you googled you could find some!

maryq

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:30 am

Great project. I am just finishing up a hat but it has a pattern to it that you see through so not sure it will work for this? I will check out a quick pattern that we use to hang on the Church Christmas Tree.

Thanks for letting us know. Can you post the address of where to send them please.

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:38 am

I don't knit and my shoulders won't let me crochet anymore! Love to crochet, and in my former life did much; guess maybe too much; i've tried all kinds of things and the shoulders still revolt!

Is there a sewing pattern or quilting pattern for hats?

quiltinMama

Post by quiltinMama » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:53 am

Dear Ladies
Here is a link to many free patterns to knit, crochet and sew chemo hats ... I have sewn the Hancocks pattern on this page .. you can make two out of a half yard of knit fabric... very good for chemo folks... http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/patterns.htm

Bless you all for helping others..
Quiltinmama

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:19 am

Three Hats Done!

Will post some pictures later!

giraween

Post by giraween » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:20 pm

If anyone wants free crochet or knitting patterns try Ravelry...it is a great site

SusieQ51

Post by SusieQ51 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:33 am

When my sis had cancer, I made her hats from fleece so they were warm in the cooler weather but light weight enough for the hotter stuff. I got the pattern from "Sewing With Nancy" website under the "Sewing for Charity" tab at the bottom. When you go to that Charity page, scroll to the bottom and there is a place to click for easy hat patterns. I hope this helps everyone.

Diana in EastCentral Indiana

Return to “Projects from the Heart”