Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

DEAR JANE QUILT - (where Janiacs go to post!)

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
rosebud3

Re: DEAR JANE QUILT - (where Janiacs go to post!)

Post by rosebud3 » Thu May 28, 2015 2:43 pm

Oh Mary, she is beautiful! Congratulations on the finish.

Mary/Rosebud

Stitchesbecrazy

Post by Stitchesbecrazy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:17 pm

Hey Everyone! I'm new to the world of Jane, and a little new to quilting/sewing. I've been at it for about 4 years.
You're all such an inspiration so thanks for this thread! I started Jane a little over a month ago and I'm almost done with the A's. One left, actually!
I'm using only one fabric designer, Tula Pink, and have made a promise to myself not to start the next letter, until all before are done. No skipping the scarey blocks!

Would love to see where you are all at on your Journey.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Maryz, she is fabulous.
Lori 8-)

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:06 am

Mary, how gorgeous!! I'm 'sew' jealous that you've finished!!! But I do appreciate how hard you've worked on her! Such an inspiration for us all the GET ON WITH IT!!!!! lol...

This is a project I really need to pick up again...
I haven't looked at it for what feels like an age

Girls, don't forget to look at this site for tutorials for each block!!
such a great help, when you come across a block that makes you stop and stare at it, and just scratch your head in wonder!! lol...
http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/'>http:// ... gspot.com/

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:45 am

LORI & JACQUIE - thank you! I do love my Jane quilt and in fact used it on my sister's bed during her recent 2-week visit. My Jane was a scrappy project and I still love all the colors in her. I made the decision to use colorful scraps because we were getting ready to leave for Texas for the winter and I wanted to take this new, exciting project with me and didn't have time to shop for fabrics to fit a color scheme - even if I could have decided on one. So I just dumped all my scraps into a tote and threw then into the trailer. Decision made!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:54 am

Back to the top because I hear we have a new Janiac amongst us!

ButterZ

Post by ButterZ » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:08 am

I am doing Jane and need some inspiration. Can anyone tell me which block has the most pieces in it. I want to get it out of the way.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:56 am

Hi, Butter Z,

The number of pieces isn't what determines the difficulty of the block in a Dear Jane. At least that was MY experience! It's more the pattern that made me tear my hair out on some of them. When I did mine, I just thumbed through the book and picked at random, marking it as DONE each time I finished a block. Some people did theirs in the order they were in in the book. I learned a lot doing this quilt. It took me four years, but then I worked on it only when traveling south in the winter. I even marked on each page a brief note of the date, weather and where I was when I made that block - kind of like a journal. So sit back and enjoy the ride. And if you can post photos, we'd love to see them!

I know I didn't answer your specific question, but my book isn't readily available for me to look through it and count pieces. I assume yours is, so you might as well do that for yourself. But I still have to tell you, that may not be the most difficult one. And the one that was most difficult for me might not be the same for you. And you will probably find the more difficult blocks easier as you gain experience with the more simple blocks first.

Good luck and enjoy!!!
Mary

ButterZ

Post by ButterZ » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:40 pm

I am making my blocks using scrap beiges & brown fabrics. Just keeping the values roughly the same. The last blocks I made was back in Jan/Feb. I make about 1 per week and have now made about 40 blocks.... I am sewing mine by machine.. I am enjoying them. I am thinking about quilting them as I go because I have a nearly insane quilt half done and I don't want 2 quilts to be quilt. I want them to be different in their looks.

ButterZ

Post by ButterZ » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:46 pm

You can see the last blocks I made here...
https://jobutterfield.blogspot.com.au/2 ... janes.html

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”