Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

DEAR JANE QUILT - (where Janiacs go to post!)

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
mellomayking

Re: DEAR JANE QUILT - (where Janiacs go to post!)

Post by mellomayking » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:58 am

Looks like SoozG has become a Janiac! Check out her blocks over in the Photo section.

SoozG

Post by SoozG » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:22 pm

Yes, I have jumped in with both feet! I am working my way through some of the easier ones first. I will cut out some appliqué blocks to take on my trip to NY. I am not very good at it, so I need all the practice I can get!

Question:, where can I get an online version of the block grid so I can keep track of which blocks I have made? Like the one on pg 12 of the book...

Thanks!

Sooz G

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:05 am

SOOZ - welcome to the asylum! Glad to have the company! lol! I just used the grid in the book. And I colored in each little block with a colored pencil with the main color of the block. I also made a note on each pattern I finished about the color, the date, and actually the location I was in when I made it. This is my traveling project and I work on it when we go south.

My applique work was pretty gruesome at first, but I got better as the quilt moved on. But I left the clumsy blocks in because they kind of show my "Journey with Jane" (as I'm calling my quilt ). And so far, I've only worked on Jane while traveling - or journeying - in our RV.

Firedragon

Post by Firedragon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Quiltmom, I bought the Dear Jane Software because it converts most of the blocks to paper piecing which is a whole lot easier than cutting teeny weeny pieces and sewing them together. It will print out the templates for the blocks that can't be paper pieced. To me, this feature is invaluable. I don't particularly like working with really small pieces unless it's paper pieced. It's been well worth it for me.

Hope this helps to make up your mind.

SoozG

Post by SoozG » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:11 pm

Made a few more....

[/img]

And these from the other day....

[/img]

Looking forward to buying the computer software! Drawing these by hand stinks...lol

SoozG

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:28 pm

Sooz--your blocks are beautiful! Love your 30s fabrics.

SoozG

Post by SoozG » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Ordered the software...no more drafting by hand...lol

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:38 am

SUZ, your blocks are beautiful!

I just got Jane out of my closet. I really thought I'd get reacquainted with her this summer, but got distracted by other projects. It's almost time for Jane and I to go south again, so she'll be going into the trailer soon. I'm working on the triangle border blocks now.

carole

Post by carole » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:26 am

I am back making the Dear Jane triangles. OMG The top row, 6th triangle took me all morning to do. The next one doesn't look any easier.

Carole

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:18 am

Oh dear, Carole! I'm about ready to bring Jane back out into the light and that's the first block I was going to do. I have the first five done. Maybe I'll stall a little longer and go work on my nativity wall hanging instead! lol!!

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”