Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

DEAR JANE QUILT - (where Janiacs go to post!)

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
purrfect-lady

Re: DEAR JANE QUILT - (where Janiacs go to post!)

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:48 am

Here's a few photos!
[/URL][/img] Image
[/img] Image
[/img]

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:00 am

Mary love your Dear Jane quilt blocks. The colors you chose are beautiful. You have really been busy on it. I need to get her out of the closet and back to working on her. I am sure she thinks I have forgotten about her.

Sherry

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Love it
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:54 am

Sherry, I didn't exactly 'choose' my colors. I was in a hurry as we were leaving for the south for the winter the year DH gave me the book for Christmas so I just dumped all my scraps and small pieces of fabric into a tote and I sewed what I had with me! and that's how I decided my color scheme! lol! But I think this quilt would look so good in 30's reproduction, brights, earth tones, blues, Civil War, batiks, or just about any theme. I know of one person at home, and she's posted here a few times, Jodi, who I think is doing it as a BOM in blues and her sister is doing it in earth tones. Or vice versa. Or maybe in wine/beige colors. As they say, "it's all good!"

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Here's a picture of Carole's Dear Jane Quilt, she says: Dear Jane 5"blocks are done. Now it will take another year or so to get the side triangles done. Started this two yrs ago.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:54 am

Carole, congratulations! you did it!! It's beautiful!! So are you starting on your triangle blocks now or are you going to take a "Jane Break" for a while?

carole

Post by carole » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:32 am

Mary. I have already started with the first Top left triangle. I just cut the 10 hexi pieces out and will do them by hand. I am taking my time with them, lots of time. Will work on them every now and then. I figure another year will go by and a lot of wine before they are done. LOL

I love the colors you used in yours, but you have such an eye for color. Well, my dear, even if we never get them done(and I am sure we will) we accomplished something with just the 5" blocks. I did end up putting them in order and it worked out well. Remember I was afraid I would have too many of the same color together. Didn't happen too often so it worked out.

Carole

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:48 am

I've started on my triangle blocks. Five done and a sixth sitting on the machine. Whew! They are intense little buggers!

Carole, I didn't start with a corner. But maybe this week, I'll go back and do the first one. I think we'll both finish our quilts and probably about the same time - in the future.

I write the block number in a seam allowance with a thin Sharpie so I can keep them in order. What did you do to keep them in sequence?

carole

Post by carole » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:00 pm

Mary, I just attached a small piece of paper with the number on the front of the block. Original Huh?????

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu May 01, 2014 7:47 am

Lori 8-)

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”