Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

DEAR JANE QUILT - (where Janiacs go to post!)

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
purrfect-lady

DEAR JANE QUILT - (where Janiacs go to post!)

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:37 am

There seems a lot of interest in the Dear Jane quilt so I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can discuss, question, show-off, observe, and vent our thoughts, progress, and frustrations. (It seems there's lots of frustrations with this project! lol!) Even if you're NOT working on a DJ quilt, please feel free to contribute your thoughts! and don't forget photos! Even if it's only one block! These blocks are 4.5" finished. Such a tiny block. It can't be that hard - right? Bwahahahahaha. . .

Below is a link for the Dear Jane Quilt. Maybe this will help? (Thanks, Jacquie!)

http://thatquilt.blogspot.co.uk/

and also thanks to Jacquie:

maryz, please add this to your 'header' as well thanks :)
http://auntreensquilts.blogspot.co.uk/

purrfect-lady

Re: DEAR JANE QUILT - (where Janiacs go to post!)

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:40 am

I'll go first! I have 5 completed applique blocks finished. I only made mistakes on 2 of them! and I have two more pinned and ready to hand applique. I thumbed through the book and went for the ones that looked easiest to me. There weren't too many to choose from! Yikes. But one by one, I hope to conquer this thing. But I can't help but wonder - what was Jane thinking???
[/img]

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:43 am

I don't know about what Jane was thinking but I think your applique blocks are very pretty. They do look really "small". How big are these blocks? I have a book filled with 4" blocks. Maybe I have a DJ book and don't know it but it is not called that. I will have to find it and look again.

Thanks for starting a new thread. New is always good and may peak our interest in another fun project to do together but still keep for ourselves. I love that kind of thing. Hugs, Shirley Mae

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:18 am

Mary your doing good Carole gave me a website that has the instructions for all the Dear Jane Blocks I started block #1 yesterday and made a mistake and it went right in the garbage so now I have Block #1&2 traced and as soon as Im done with my coffee I will give it a whirl.

By the way the website is thatquilt.blogspot.com .

Lois.

Im Glad you started this thread I only hope that El dosent mind.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:39 am

Thanks for the thread Maryz.

Sarah and I are starting a DJ quilt -we are going to try to paper piece many of the blocks together - we shall see how it goes. We got some nice fabrics, turquoise, reds, oranges - so we are trying to get started, that is when baby is asleep! lol

Your blocks are wonderful!

Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:22 am

I have everything I need, back included for the whole quilt. Have had it two years and never sewed a stitch. Is that procrastination or what. Maybe this will light a fire under me.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

carole

Post by carole » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:00 am

This is terrific!!! I will take a picture of the ones I have done today and DD will show me how to post them tomorrow!! Yea!!! Hopefully, this also will get me back at it. Since being here I have not even looked at DJ. Been busy with Diane's Garden blocks. Maryou are so good - love the blocks that you have done. I am doing mine in civil war fabrics. Promise me that if I do not live to finish DJ - you all will do it for me. LOL Hmmm. I could go missing and have my DD send everything to all of you and then she just by chance finds me alive AFTER you finish the quilt. Yes, that could be my plan. LOL
Now off to think about my master plan of getting my DJ completed.

Carole

carole

Post by carole » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:49 am

This is the last of them.

Carole

carole

Post by carole » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:51 am

Dear Jane photos

carole

Post by carole » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:54 am

These three photos are my DJ blocks that I have done. DD just showed me how to post pictures - gosh I hope I can do this. I wrote everything down, but we will see.

Carole

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”