Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

What projects are still active????

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
astitchintime

What projects are still active????

Post by astitchintime » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:17 pm

I am one of the "old timers" here at the QIAD forum. I was part of the original "El's Angels", participated with the help of my quilting family was able to provide my niece with a beautiful comfort quilt (after she was involved in a horrible auto accident that resulted in the loss of her leg at the hip)participated in several card showeres,swaps and quilted as many comfort quilts as I was asked to. I know there have been many changes here and as with any family, had good and not such good times. Life got in the way, I became very sick and wasn't on line much but have been blessed to regain my health and am here to stay... I may not be as active in the swaps as in the past but really would like to see if there is any interest in starting up some of our charity projects or comfort quilt projects in 2012?
So is anyone interested in helping? I wonder what projects are active at this time and if those quilting sisters and brothers who have been willing to coordinate them want to continue? I love how we, as "El's Angels" brought hope and comfort to so many. Would love to hear from all my quilting family.... Happy Stitching!! Debi

kenderosa

Re: What projects are still active????

Post by kenderosa » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:29 am

Debi, Maryq is collecting quilts for her 'Lighthouse' Project. She has posted on here regarding the details. I just sent her a quilt last week.

Don't know of any others that are currently in progress. I enjoy helping with these 'special' type quilts.

Sue

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:39 am

Debi,

I too miss those days. There was such a feeling of closeness. I hope people will begin to start up again. carol/kittyquilt

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:50 am

As far as I know we are still "El's Angels" and always have been,,,,gals come and go but this is still the nicest group you will ever want to be involved with bar none.

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:13 am

grammiequilts--I agree; there is no other group that has done what we have done and I hope will continue to do.

I've had a very difficult couple of years, but I'm hoping to gradually get back into the swing of things..............hugs carol/kittyquilt

grannyQuilts1

Post by grannyQuilts1 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:51 pm

i to would also like to see us start back with our comfort quilts
i have blocks enough that people have sent to make a couple of comfort quilts and i have one made except for the binding. just waiting for someone to request one. i don't have time to read the sew in each day. i have been ill off and one for the past yr. my 92 yr old mother in law who lived with me passed away dec 31st of last yr. my chrildren still miss her a lot. we were lucky to keep her at home with the hel of hospice that last 3 weeks.

anyway let me know if we have a need for a comfort quilt for anyone. most of what i have is suitable for men.
GrannyQuilts1 (barbara)

Rosieposie

Post by Rosieposie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:11 pm

I'm new to this site and live in England. Am I too far away to join El's Angels? Do you all meet up or just make blocks or quilts to contribute? I'll understand if it's for the US only!!

Paula

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:15 am

Paula~

Welcome to the Greatest Forum ever!!!!

Wouldn't we all like to 'meet up' some place??? But alas, that just won't work, with all the miles between each of us. LOL

Usually, when a project is underway, someone posts a need and those that want to help. We use the PM feature to communicate so we can keep it a surprise to the recipient. We have several gals across the pond who join with us all the time. So be sure and include yourself and ask any questions you might have.

Sue

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:30 am

Sounds like most projects have gone by the wayside... Although I realize all the projects were special, two I usually tried to stay active in are the breast cancer and when a special comfort quilts. Both are very near to my heart.. With the new yr upon us, I would like to see "El's Angels" busy stitching together again and will put some thought into a new heartfelt project... Any ideas would be welcome!! Hope to hear from some of you soon, Happy stitching!! Debi

judyquilts

Post by judyquilts » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:12 pm

I am back and agree that this group was always the very best! I was an El's Angel but have been away from the forum for at least a year, (lots of hip trouble. Now have a new hip and it is wonderful) You can include me and I will help. I sent cancer squares before and would also enjoy a project of small blankets for new babies in the NICU (neo-natal intensive care units).
Judy
Judyquilts

Return to “Projects from the Heart”