Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

ironing board

Having the right tool for the job is always important. Look in here for information about quilting notions that really help finish those projects.
TooMuchFabric

Re: ironing board

Post by TooMuchFabric » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:43 pm

Thank you for the information. I was at the local discount store and they have an oversized one. It is around $40 and while it isn't exactly what I would like to have, it appears to be sturdy and may be an option.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:56 am

My father made iron board from plywood, lenght just so, similiar to a surf board, then mother covered it with fabric, straped by elastics and finally, purchased some iron protector fabric and held secure in place. It was just a top no metal feet etc..and leans against two objects. I can place over my kitchen sink, or tow chairs, easty to travel.

MainelyMe

Post by MainelyMe » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Just a note about your "old" ironing board. Keep it!! And add a big board on top if you are looking for more ironing space. I have a very old, heavy and sturdy ironing board from around 1950 and wouldn't give it up for the world. I have yet to see another board that can hold a candle to this one and everyone I know would tell you the same.
My DH gave me a big board that goes on top of my regular board several years ago and I love it especially for ironing large pieces of fabric. I can put it on and off as I wish. Just my opinion.
Joan

firdous12

Post by firdous12 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:58 am

Ironing table is ideal if you only iron once in a while, but need the equipment to work properly. No more problems with your iron rest these steam ironing tables comes with a metal steam iron rest that's adjustable for left or right-handed use Plus the table is adjustable to your own height.https://itday.com/irons-steamers/top-6- ... de-buyers/

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:08 am

Yes I've seen some quilters in my guild use and old plywood from some trash bin in hardward store and wrapped some kind of fabric for their ironboard.

Return to “Quilting Notions Discussions”