Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Baby Lock Symphony

Stuck on a block, confused about directions, or have an incredible tip? Try this forum if you're looking for help or guides to improve your quilting techniques.
TooMuchFabric

Re: Baby Lock Symphony

Post by TooMuchFabric » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Congratulations!!! Anxious to see pictures of your projects.

BlueQuiltsLady

Post by BlueQuiltsLady » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:25 am

I love, love, love my Baby Lock Symphony. I went from the BL Espire, which was more or less the previous version, which I also loved for quilting. I totally splurged just to have the Symphany because I certainly didn't need it. (But then, what does need have to do with it, right?) I love the space in the throat. My favorite is the pivot feature. I love the automatic foot-lift - I press that button every time I turn the machine on. I haul it to all my sew days and retreats because the pleasure offsets the weight of it. And my sewing room is upstairs. I think I could easily replace Eleanor as the spokesperson for this machine!

Beverlee

Post by Beverlee » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi,

I have a Symphony and I absolutley love it!! Go for it, you'll be so glad you did!

I also have an Elegante2 that I embroider with and an Ellure that I use to sew on at the quilt shop I work parttime at....love all my Babylocks.

I bought my Symphony last September and don't regret it for a second. It's so similar to my Elegante, really the reason I had to have it as I loved sewing on my Elegante so much I wasn't embroidering, now I do both and I am in my happy element believe me!!

Bev

Oh, and I will 60 next week.....

knittersue

Post by knittersue » Tue May 08, 2012 7:25 pm

hi everyone looking to buy a symphony want tyo do fm on king size quilts do you think it could handle it now I am on a janome 6600 works great but I want a second help sue

Nurse60

Post by Nurse60 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:51 am

knittersue, you should have no problem freemotion quitling on the symphony. I've made so many quilts and quilted them on the Laura Ashley-presently working on an over-sized queen size quilt. If you have enough space around the machine, it will be fine. If I ever go back to work (retired in Feb) I want to get a Sweet 16 sit down quilter, but it will have to wait until I get some income as machines aren't given away.

Good luck!

mollieme1

Post by mollieme1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 am

I enjoyed reading all your comments. I also have been looking at the symphony. I just got back into quilting after 15 year. I am now disable and have more time to sew. Last year I bought a Janome Magnolia. It sews well but has it's limitations. I really want the bells and whistles but hate spending the money for this machine. After reading all your comments I am going out to look at it again tomorrow

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:54 am

Heard same scenario with aunt of mine. New machine, couldn't see use of all these stitches... She worked in a production factory in early years. Much money is devoted to the machines investigate all it has to offer. My motto..

gmassard

Post by gmassard » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:21 am

Hi.
I recently bought a Symphony. I'm sewing some alphabet letters. But, I don't know how to enlarge them. The stitch length and width buttons don't do anything when I tap them. I've looked in the manual, but I can't find the answer.

Can anybody tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance.

Gloria

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:00 am

Then there is me, cutting pictures from sew machine flyers, posting them on my wall, look at them when I get up, then creates motivation to call the "carriers wtd" to deliver garbage flyers door to door, only get that extra $100.00 for quilt do dads, winter -45C and storm is very hard to breath and icy sidewalks prevents me from doing the job.. Funny how a goal such as sewing can motivate me to no end..

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:50 am

Well I'm no spring chicken either I will be knocking near the 70 mark in April but I took the plung this week and bought a brother dream weaver 3000 sorry eleanoR but I was just never that happy with the espire I bought in Paducah in 2008 for one thing no good place to get it serviced in our area and hate driving over 100 miles to do that I could never make the service person understand the thread tails were way to long I had to trim everyone of the backs of my quilts when I quilted them also it never wanted to feed correctly over seams that were a little thick so now I have my dream machine for sure and the stadium lightening is better than I could ever imagine especially with my vision problem and did I mention it has a lazer you can sew with sorry to brag but I'm so happy with it So yes I would say go buy that machine you wanting if you can afford to. Happy quilting😀✂️

Return to “Quilting Technique Discussions”