Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Have you read a good book lately?

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
Irishgram

Re: Have you read a good book lately?

Post by Irishgram » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:51 pm

I haven't been posting but have read quite a few very good books...BUT, just finished, James Patterson's newest, "Cross Justice" and it was great....So good, I stayed up until 3:30 so I could finish it....I couldn't put it down......Highly recommend it.......

SallyVA

Post by SallyVA » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:08 am

Am reading "The Things They Carried" by Tim O''''Brien. If you have any interest in what our troops experienced during the war in Viet Nam, this is a must read. I am of that generation that was called on to carry out the policies of our gov''''t. None of those guys had any gripe with the people of SE Asia, but they paid a high price-- 58,000 of them with their young lives and so many others affected in so many ways. This book may help you to understand family members who were forever changed by the war in Viet Nam.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:31 am

REading Ann Hazelwood novel, big print and reads quickly.. Mystery quilt novels.

elm

Post by elm » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:28 am

I'm reading The Beet Queen by Louise Erdrich Quirky characters; well written.

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:08 am

COMMON, book by Glen Beck. It is about the fallacies of the Common Core being taught in some schools in USA. Some states op[ted out. Get the book at your library and you will be shocked. I realized all of this when it came out. Teacher in my grandsons district had to go to summer school to do the new math - it is a shame we have to put our educators through this and kids. Hope the Dept. Of Education goes with new president.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:01 am

Just finished "Light Between Oceans" by M.L. Stedman and it was wonderful...Couple taking care of a light house and discover a boat that had drifted in....One of those, what would you do???
Also finished, "Kennedy Wives" by Amber Hunt...interesting
"Blind spot" by Robert B. Parker.....very good
"After You" by Jojo Meyes.......very good
"Damned if You Do" by Robert B. Parker.....very good
"Sonoma Rose" by Jennifer Chiaverini....good
"The Devel Wins" by Robert B. Parker......very good

I usually have 3 or 4 books going at a time and just picked up another by Chiaverini about the women in John Booth's life and also "Sting" by Sandra Brown......

I've kept a journal over the years and it's been interesting looking back at some of the books I've read.......

brovst

Post by brovst » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:26 pm

" I Am Hutterite". "Scoria Roads"
Both very good, true
Now reading "The Irish Famine".
I want to read in the evening, but it puts me to sleep !

DH is reading "When All Hell Broke Loose". He's not a reader so we are surprised. It's short personal stories about the Armicice Day blizzard in the Midwest

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:19 am

Just finished a couple more good books.....
"Murder List" by Julie Garwood.......Very good
"Midnight Club" by James Patterson....Very good
"The Sting" by Sandra Brown.......Very good
"Private" by James Patterson....Very good
"Alibi" by Sandra Brown.......Very good
"Fate of Traitors" by J. Chiaverni....Very good (this is the one about the women in John Booth's life.....

Just picked up
"The Whistler" by John Grisham
"Two by Two" by Nicholas Sparks

I do love my books........

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:08 am

Receiving some Annie's Mysteries novel so this Xmas days will be just for me to read at my leisure, watch good video movie and read local paper. Not doing anything but enjoy..

Pwdmom

Post by Pwdmom » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:08 pm

Just started David Baldacci's No Man's Land. He is one of my favorite authors. Have Sandra Brown's Deadline in the car, and bought her latest Unspeakable today at Costco. .

Return to “Chit Chat”