Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

looking for quilt patterns,for christmas quilt.

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
quilting-nanaof5

looking for quilt patterns,for christmas quilt.

Post by quilting-nanaof5 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:40 pm

Many years ago (1996) I was getting oxmore houses christmas quilt block of the month. I am missing maybe 4 patterns. i have up to no. 32. Can anyone help me finish my quilt.

Oasis

Re: looking for quilt patterns,for christmas quilt.

Post by Oasis » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:54 pm

I just googled "Oxmore House Christmas Quilt Block of the Month" and got these sites to look at for your book:

http://www.google.com/search?q=oxmore+h ... 1I7GGIE_en

Amazon.com is really good about having, or being able to find an out of print book for you. However, there a few others. Without knowing what the pattern is, I can't tell if any of these sites can help you.

Good Luck, and Let us know.................

Linda
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

quilting-nanaof5

Post by quilting-nanaof5 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:49 am

It is the sampler quilt at the bottom of the page. I need to figure out what blocks I don't have. I hate to have to buy the whole thing again. I guess I can always make up blocks to finish it.

1quiltinnana

Post by 1quiltinnana » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:19 am

That is a very nice Block of the Month for a Christmas quilt. Wish I had the book! The books look expensive online.

tnjacke

Post by tnjacke » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Nanaof5, I don't know if this will help but I can tell you which blocks you are missing. If you have the picture of the quilt you can easily spot these. Look at the bottom rows. I would suggest a child's coloring book for some of the applique patterns.

Block #33 - Pieced Pine tree done in plaid - finished size is 6" x 6".

Block #34 -Is a Snow Family (3) - on a blue stripe pattern background - finished size 6" x 9".

Block #35 - Hole in the Barn Door, white and green with a teddy bear in the center finished size is 6" x 6".

Block #36 - is a Holly Wreath with red berries finished size is 12" x 12". Ribbon Bow at top of wreath.

The complete set is in a 3" binder with several sections. It was an expensive set to buy even from Oxmoor and have seen them sell on ebay for up to $400 in the past.

quilting-nanaof5

Post by quilting-nanaof5 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Thank you so much I can make any block I want now that I know the sizes. You're the greatest!! Thanks Brenda
Do I know how expensive they were. I struggled to pay for them then I ran out of money. That is the end of the story. Thanks again.

knitnoid

Post by knitnoid » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Wow -- I had no idea they were going for $400 on e-bay. When I had a webpage - instead of a blog -- I had a list of the blocks I was making for this quilt. People searching for the book would get a hit on my page and then e-mail me requesting that I make copies for them. I don't think so! I finally wrote an e-mail I would send out to everyone telling them to put in for an inter-library loan and listed the 3 libraries which have the book. I know for a fact that one will send it out. I put a request in just to see if I could get it. I guess one of these days I'll need to finish my quilt and then see if I can sell the pattern. It will open up 4" on my book shelf and get me fabric for several quilts.

tnjacke

Post by tnjacke » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:09 pm

I started the set and got all of them but about 10 patterns, then we moved and somehow I got dropped from the Oxmoor House list. No matter how many times I called I could not get them to restart me back on the patterns. After a couple of years I turned to ebay and started buying partial sets to get what I needed also at flea markets and yard sales. I wound up with a total of 2 complete sets besides the original one I started and a partial set. I debated for a long time and finally sold them on ebay.

All 3 sets sold price ranging from $250 - $400 on ebay. I kept the original one I started and the pieces needed to make it complete. I had some extra patterns but not enough to make a book and didn't have the binder for them so sold them as individuals on ebay.

This has been about 4-5 years ago that I sold them so don't know what they will bring now.. Maybe I need to go check it out. But I haven't made the quilt yet so don't want to part with mine. The extra pattern ideas are great too.

Nana happy I could help you out, be sure and post a picture when you finish the quilt. If you need more info, PM me and I will try to help you.

Jackie

Bobbi1022

Post by Bobbi1022 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:36 am

Don't give up on finding this book! Look everywhere! I went to a quilt shop while in NJ yesterday and the book was in the window. I asked about buying the book and the owner said I could have it for 15.00. SOLD!! I'm very excited!

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:44 pm

I hit wild and crazy and made one of El's sampler books out of Christmas fabric.

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”