Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

BC Pink Quilts

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
gmaann

Re: BC Pink Quilts

Post by gmaann » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:21 pm

Wow! Those quilts are gorgeous. Do you need more blocks? What are the requirements? I'd like to help.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:33 pm

Thanks Ann. I'm good on blocks right now, but will let you know when I need some more. Lori
Lori 8-)

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Beautiful quilts!!! I have used the sashing/borders to square up blocks, too! Let us know when you need more blocks... Wouldn't it be wonderful to find a cure and never need them again!!!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:23 pm

I want to thank all of you who have contributed to these BC quilts. Lori was kind enough to offer one to my friend, Esther, who was so surprised, touched, and thrilled. I posted photos of her receiving it in PHOTOS.

Then I got brave enough to actually request one for my hairdresser, Shirley, who is going through BC and has a very weak support system. She has really been struggling. Lori sent me one for her, too. She was amazed that strangers would do such a thing for her. You angels ARE amazing!

DH and I quilted both tops and gave them to our friends. I've got Esther's pix up on PHOTOS. When I find my camera, I'll post the pictures I took of Shirley, too.

The pictures just below this post are the two quilts that I gave out. Thanks to anyone involved. and now I want to be, too! Bless you all!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:51 am

Well I finished up a top with the last of the blocks. I think this will be my last one. I'll get it quilted up and ready to give out in case it's needed. I'll post a picture when I get it done. Thanks to all of you who have participated with this project. Lori
Lori 8-)

judyquilts

Post by judyquilts » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Is this the project that different make squares and mail them to someone who collects them and then puts them into a quilt? I was in that group before. Also someone collected squares for cancer quilts.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:04 am

I just saw this post and love the quilts. My mom had a mastectomy 2yrs ago was diagnosed with BC at age of 78. I had a scare just this past month when my mammogram came back with spot. Thank God it was a benign cyst that they will watch. I pray for a cure. Will keep those of you still undergoing treatment in my prayers. God Bless. Izzy
🐐izzy

Return to “Projects from the Heart”