Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

"waxing" the bed of my machine

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
ajackson55372

"waxing" the bed of my machine

Post by ajackson55372 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:13 am

Have a couple of the silicone slippery sheets for machine quilting but haven't had much success with them. Someone told me about a product called "Glide" that can be used to wax the sewing area around the needle. Anyone heard of it and know where I can purchase? Any other suggestions for making it easier to move the quilt sandwich?

quilterbee

Re: "waxing" the bed of my machine

Post by quilterbee » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:55 pm

I use Silicone Spray made specifically for sewing machine beds and to spray on batik fabrics so the needle glides through it like butter. I bought mine at an online longarm quilt shop called King's Men Longarm Quilting. They also sell it at Hancocks. Just make sure you do NOT get it on the floor. I busted my a** a few months ago walking toward my machine, hit my chin and slid under my sewing table.Not gracefully either, lol! So yes,the spray works great! Amie :o)

somari

Re: "waxing" the bed of my machine

Post by somari » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:39 pm

I use simple Pledge...

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”