Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday June 13th

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Saturday June 13th

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:56 pm

OK all you Snickerdoodles!! As I told Jana I am a 2 finger typer..this is going to take awhile!!

SNICKERDOODLE MUFFINS

2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp cream of tarter
3/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg(I used less than 1/2 tsp)
1 and 1/4 cup sour cream
2 and 1/4 flour

1 cup sugar and 2 TBSP cinnamon mixed together for rolling.(you read that right!!LOL)

1. Cream the butter and sugar until soft about 3 to 5 minutes. Add in vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until each is incorporated.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cream of tarter.

3. Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately to the egg-butter mixture. Starting and ending with flour mixture. Scrape bowl occasionally.

4. (are you ready for this?!?!?) Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out muffin batter one at a time and drop into a shallow bowl filler with the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Roll the muffin around in the mixture until it is completely covered in cinn/sugar. "Place" muffin in muffin tin.(must be very careful here!) Depending on the size of your tins, you should get 12 to 14 muffins. Bake the for approx. 20-22 minutes.in a 350' oven or until golden brown.

EXTRA INFO; Yes I was able to scoop out the batter!! My scoop was too big I got 11 muffins. Next time I will use a spoon and put the cinn/sugar mixture just on top.

Also mine did not rise up much over the tin. And as they cooled they deflated a little. They did not have the texture of a regular muffin..very moist with 1 cup butter & 1 1/4 cup sour cream. I will make these again to see if I did some thing wrong.

They are delicious...very similar to my favorite cookie.

Have fun and please let me know how yours turn out.

This took me 40 minutes..LOL

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:33 pm

thanks Grammie for telling me what they sound like...

Kathy, you being a two fingered typer reminds me of when my son was about 8 or so and asked me where to put his fingers on the keyboard so he could type... he would place his fingers where they go then lift up a hand to find a letter then put his hand back where it was supposed to go...... he got mad and told me it wasn't any faster than how he had been typing.... little twerp, now he knows everything at the old age of 20.

Brenda, hope you sleep well...

Irishgram... it's my lucky day... Jerry is, as we speak, making the apple things you gave me the recipe for...

Chriss
Psalm 91

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:33 pm

and before everyone asks... here is the recipe..... sounds sooooo good.

Apple Squares

4 cups of diced apples
1 cup of oil
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix that together and set aside for an hour...
After the hour, beat 2 eggs and mix into mixture
In a separate bowl, mix
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
and chopped nuts if you like...

Add to the apple mixture, mix well and then spread on a greased and floured "sided" cookie sheet...

Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes (Check with the toothpick)
Cover with powdered sugar glaze....

Psalm 91

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:47 pm

tulpjeso sorry to hear your fur baby is sick i know the pain of having a sick one mine was about 13 years old last year when she got sick but i treasure every moment that i had her and when its time to let go you will know but hope thats not anytime soon just love her and give her a big hug from me glenda

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:09 pm

MMMmmmmm....Apples..this looks so good. I copied that down I write faster than I type..LOL

I have only a few feet to sew of my binding. Tomorrow I will make a label then in the mail. I want it to be there for the baby shower.

Later...Kathy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Well all, I have sewed some and visited with my sis who stopped by. I finished some more appliques and as soon as they are done (28) I will make 2 BOMs and be caught up.?????Maybe. It is 10 here and I am tired so I will go read for awhile. I finally got the new Marie Bostwick book so I will start that. Have a good evening.XXXOOOJudi

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Chriss - My DGS is 12 and his mom cooks all the time too and we apprentice them in the kitchen and when they are a little older - one night is the kids night to cook and clean up afterward. Saves me from cooking all the time!! Your apple cake recipe is just like one I have made for years, (longer than I care to remember) and we serve it with a scoop of ice cream and drizzled in caramel sauce.

A great big THANK YOU for Kathy for typing that recipe!! My DH and DGS are making me go to the store because I have no sour cream to make them for breakfast tomorrow morning before church.

Bought some flowers and DGS is digging up the front small flower bed for me and we will get them in on Monday.

Have a great night - Off to the store - again!!!LOL

Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:04 pm

Good Night to all..had fun hanging with you today. I am so tired..

Happy Quilting...Kathy

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:15 pm

*Hugs*

I'm a tired 'Pup' as well.
PepperDawg is in the hospital for 3 nights.

9pm can't come fast enough for me so I can take my night meds and sleep as deeply and long as possible.

*FluFF*

*T*

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:39 pm

the recipe I posted was given to me by Irishgram... Jerry made it tonight... oh my gosh, it is soooooo good.... we each had a piece.... Jerry is having a second piece to see what it tastes like with ice cream....

Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”