Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday June 13th

Daily discussions.
GrandmaTaz

Re: Saturday June 13th

Post by GrandmaTaz » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:20 am

Addison disease is adrenal gland disease. I know people get that didn't know about dogs getting it. Poor Pepper Dawg.

Jeanne

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:23 am

Grammie, glad you saved the fawn... what do they sound like ? I have never heard one before.... tell DH he isn't alone... we have stuff that has been boxed in the garage for years and years... inclucing 2 totes full of books... one is just cook books that were handed down to me from gr grandma and grandma... we should have a sale...

Kathy, you will love milk gravy.. it must be a midwest thing because Jerry's family makes it and they are all from Illinois..... I use canned milk in mine because it isn't cold, I think it being room temp helps...

Tul, sorry about your furbaby... did you maybe put something out to kill bugs and he got into it?

Jana, how old is your grandson the chef? and I saw the bibs... looks like towels with necks added.... great idea.... they are so cute.

Quiltnewby.. I saw your dad's quilt, very nice.... I have things rolling in my head too but they don't seem to be ideas....lol....

gotta go sew... 13 blocks done 7 to go... woo hoo

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:54 am

*Hugs*

Thank you for your kind thoughts. (crossed toes and fingers also).

I'll go read up on PepperDawgs diagnoses.

We're home, but PepperDawg is not. She was admitted for 3 nights on IV fluids (Electrolyte imbalance). Dr. Hibi is going to draw some more blood from her to test specific for Adison Desease, but he'll start her on the meds for AD right after that. If she makes it through her Addison Desease crisis, she might do well for a while on meds to treat AD.

<sigh> I just hope she'll make it through all this.

*FluFF*

*T*

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:07 pm

OK, Where's the Snickerdoodle Muffin Recipe? That has to be my all time favorite cookie.....
Kathy did you post it or send PM it? I'd sure love a copy.....

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi all, Chriss the little fawn sounded like a goat. She was just screaming....But after awhile we heard a whistling sound and she stopped and listened and the ran to the woods so we think Moma was there somewhere to fetch her and cuff her behind the ear for running off and getting tangled up with us humans, They are so pretty. I am glad she is safe in the woods.

Well the big guy bailed on me and decided the basement will wait till next week. Oh well I guess I will have to sew for the rest of the evening.bbl

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:26 pm

I'd like the muffin recipe too!!! Mmmmmmmmm!!!

Joanne:0)

northbound

Post by northbound » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:44 pm

*T*--

Our 13 y.o. Springer spaniel has had AD for several (7-9?) years now. She gets fluorinef twice a day and prednisone when she is stressed. The stress is 95% physical, like a run on a hot day, and we can tell she needs the prednisone when she gets shakey. The amount of fluorinef can be determined by a blood test. We do watch for any emotional stressors, like we won't leave her with a kennel or adopt another pet. She lives a very happy, normal life and you would never be able to tell she has AD. We were scared to death when the AD diagnosis was made, but it has turned out to be no big deal.

Sharon C.

edit-------------
Not many people know that JFKennedy had AD. Best wishes for a speedy diagnosis and recovery for PepperDawg!! Hugs!

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Well it looks like everyone has had a busy day. I have been laying around since that is pretty much all I can do right now. I am in quite a bit of pain. I think I will get a shower soon and head off to bed for a good nights rest.

"T" I am sorry your pup is not feeling well. I hope he pulls through.

Brenda

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:11 pm

Here's another person in line for the Snickerdoodle muffin recipe!

T -- hope all works well for your baby

Hope you all have a good night:)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:50 pm

Well, I am home after a full day "up valley" as we call it. Our new joke is we lost $100 and gained 20 pounds. I did spend $12 on a bar of soap (it's actually a block) from the french store. It is lavender and smells delightful. The rest was spendt on food between Gillwood's, CIA (Greystone) and Bouchon bakery in Yountville. I brought home a baget, sticky bun, chocolate tart and raspberry maccaroon. What was I thinking? Oh and the rest of my luch from CIA. Now it is to the couch to veg! Hope you all had a great day too. And *T*, give Pepper Dawg a little hug for me.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”