Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday June 13th

Daily discussions.
Tulpje

Saturday June 13th

Post by Tulpje » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:42 am

*Smile*

Good Morning. PepperDawg just woke me up, I guess she was a bit uncomfortable and confused.

So <yawn> now I'm UP at 3:40 and WIDE awake.

Hopefully I get some quilting done today.

*T*

SallyC

Re: Saturday June 13th

Post by SallyC » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:03 am

Morning T and all,
I couldn't sleep either. Love to you and PepperDawd. Hope the doc was right. I'm glad Jess could be home yesterday (and I hope you enjoyed your anniversary dinner and movie.)

Hope to do some sewing today. Weather should be cool today--not expected to go much over 90. This week has been great.
Sally

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:36 am

Good Morning Gals

It's beautiful in MN this morning and I'm finally going to get chance to head up to my cabin--for the first time this summer.

Just stopped by to wish you all a wonderfule day

Marymargaret

macdor

Post by macdor » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:40 am

Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!

Sleep in this morning, was going to get up and watch the launch but they scribed it. Watch it on TV till it takes off then I go out side and can see it from the front lawn. I like the night launches

*T* I sorry to hear that your night did not go well. I hope that what you were told yesterday was right. The hard thing with animals is they can't tell you what's wrong like your children did. I will say a extra prayer today. My heart goes out to you.

Not sure if there will be any sewing today. Have that nasty word that needs to be done. Then will be going out this evening to a screening of the fall show and rating them.

Yesterday after the lunch at Red Lobster went to the JoAnn's that is right behind there. Someone yesterday said something about JoAnn's that they didn't seem to have the stock that they use to. I have noticed that both the JoAnn's I have been into don't seem to have the stock that I was use to. They still have quite a bit but, it's not like when you had trouble getting the fabric off the racks.

Well time for another cup of coffee and breakfast. Everyone have a great day whether you are working in your sewing room, lawn work, or doing that nasty word. Take sometime for you.

DorothyM

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:23 am

Good morning!!
I tried to sleep in this morning. I have a coughing cootie with a temp. Good thing I am doing very little today. A little with the vac and sewing.
It is still cloudy with a chance of rain.

*T* You and PepperDawg did get up early!! What did you do?

Sally...LOL..You sound like my DD1 in Texas "It is cool here only 90'"
I know it is all relative..Here cool is 50'/60'. My first visit to Austin it was 106'. I had never felt it that hot before..I have only lived in the NY & Mass.

maryq.. I know you will have a great visit to your cabin. It is wonderful to get away.

Dorothy....I am green with envy...I have always wanted to see a space launch. I remember watching the first one. I have watched as many as I can. It is not easy what with working. I heard the launch was off):

OH my!! the sun just came out!! Let see how long it stays.

Off to trim my baby quilt.....Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:35 am

Good Morning friends...

I am thinking biscuits, gravy, eggs and hashbrowns for breakfast... it's all Jana's grandson's fault... when I read he made bisucits and gravy I got a craving...

It's all of 50 degrees here now and should get to the mid 70's with chances of thunder storms... I pray we get the rain but the lightening is what starts the fires....

Sally, hope you get to sew

Mary Margaret, enjoy your day... sounds peaceful.

Dorothy, hope you have a fantastic day... what is the "fall show" about???

Tul, hope your furbaby feels fine soon....

Kathy, hope you are feeling better soon.

I plan to get some sweet blocks caught up after breakfast...

ttfn,
Chriss
Psalm 91

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:37 am

Good morning all. Well, DH and DGS are off on their big excursion. Staying in Las VEgas tonight, then off to Hoover Dam in the morning, then to Zion National Park where they will spend two day hiking the Narrows. They leave Zion on the 17th and head to Bryce Canyon for a campover and hike, then on to Salt Lake City. On the 19th, they head to Grand Teton for several nights and hikes. On the 22nd they head to Yellowstone where they will do a back country 3 day hike (with any luck they will not run into bears!) Then they will head home on the 26th through Twin Falls Idaho and finally return back here on the 27th. For those inclined to do so, would you please pray for their safe trip.

Now what to do while they are gone. Today, off to the lovely wine town of St. Helena for boutique shopping, then to CIA for lunch. Monday BBQ after work, Tues vegetable market in Sonoma, Wed to Bodega Bay for dinner, Thurs to farmers market in Napa and Next Saturday to San Francisco for lunch! I have some single girlfriends at work and we have big plans.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

macdor

Post by macdor » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:11 am

Morning again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to let all know that Brenda is home and posted on Chit Chat.

I just got the mail and got my Jo-Ann's flayer. Two 50% coupons and the Fat Quarters are on sale for .99. Think maybe I better stay out of there. Just kidding!!!!!!!!!! There is a few things I would like, good way to get them. June 14-27

Chriss - The fall shows is shows that will be on in the fall it is a preview of them. Then we rate them.

WeSignificant - Todd is a hiker, told him about your DH and DGS's trip hiking. I'm sure they are going to have a great time. Every time someone says anything about Salt Lake brings back the memory when I was going to a convention in Reno and had to take a commuter from Salt Lake to Reno. I was so green by the time we got there, (flying over the montines). I could hardly get off the plane. I said that I would never do that agin.

Now I need to get something done.

DorothyM

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:22 am

http://www.zionnational-park.com/images ... ndex15.htm

This link should take you to pictures of the Hike that DH and DGS are doing in Zion. I am little worried about DGs ability but I just have to be confidant that he will be fine.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:27 am

Good Morning everyone! It's sunny (DH asked what that bright thing was outside! lol!) and comfortable!!! SW Ohio is noted for change in the weather, so if you don't like it now...it will change shortly!

DH went to the showgrounds early (8am) to do a little clean-up and I went to the sewing room. I got my UGRR wallhanging sandwiched and cut some batting for my DGS's Crumb Chaos quilt. Before I retired, 2 yrs. ago, JoAnn's had 90 inch warm and natural batting on the bolt on sale, so I bit the bullet and bought a whole bolt of it. Knowing that when I retired money would be tighter. Well, boy am I glad I did! It is awkward to store and a pain to cut, but well worth it. Later, I'll cut a couple of twin size pieces for the future.

Everyone have a great day!

Joanne:0)

Return to “Sew ins”