Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday June 12,2009

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Friday June 12,2009

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:02 pm

GoodMorning

Well Im up with my DH he is getting ready for work something I don't have to worry about today Im off.

It is not raining at the moment so that is a good thing Im so tired of the rain .

I have to go foodshopping today hopefully in between the rain.

when I come back I have a few things to do and then I will make a List for the show our local quilt shop closed she is just vending at shows such a shame but that is the economy.

Everyone Have A Great Day BBL

Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Friday June 12,2009

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:53 am

Lois you get up so early. I was up early this morning have a lot to do. (bad word) and some weeding of the flower beds. Need to get everything done before the big game tonight GO RED WINGS bbl Everyone have a great day also

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:35 am

Good Rainy Morning...

Good Heavens..did we have a thunder/lightning storm last night!! I had windows open and when that first crack of lightning hit I could smell it. I wonder how close it hit. I have no idea if we are in for an other rainy day..I am tired of hearing about the weather.

Lois..Too bad about your LQS. I would be lost with out mine. I was so surprised when my LQS opened an other shop last month. It is about 45 to 60 minutes away. Good luck shopping between the rain drops...

grammiequilts..I hope you have good weather for weeding..Go Red Wings!!!

Well I am off to dust the TV cabinet for the Geek Squad. I Finished my mini BOM(courthouse steps). Today I will work on the boarders of the baby quilt.

Happy Quilting.....Kathy

macdor

Post by macdor » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:10 am

Good Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!

grammiequilt - Go Red Wings!!!! Hope no rain for you.

Lois and Kathy - Hope the rain stops for both of you. In the NY area you have had cool and rain. We are looking at the heat index here to be 100.

No sewing for me today. Have a luncheon for a friend that is retiring. Will stop at the Jo-Ann's on that side of Orlando looking for a fabric that was used in DGS3's quilt. See if they have it. They don't at the one close to me. Looking forward to the luncheon for will see a lot of people that I use to work with.

So better get something to eat then get ready.

"T" I'm thinking of you and sending my prayers for your dog.

Everyone have a great day.

DorothyM

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:52 am

Lois, I'm s sorry your quilt shop closed. I know there is a lack of quilt shops in a lot of areas. I'm lucky with one new quilt shop 10 minutes from my house, another shop is 20, two shops are 30 minutes away and my very favorite shop is close to where my BFF lives. Thank goodness there is the internet.

Grammiequilts - darn those weeds anyway. I wish you didn't have to pull them and you could quilt all day.

Kathy - please send the rain down here. Our temps will be nearly 100* this weekend.

Dorothy - your luncheon should be fun. Have a nice visit. Now I must try to find out what is the problem with T's dog. I missed it.

Y'all have a great day no matter what you are doing and have a wonderful weekend. We are headed to the lake after work. We are gong to roast.

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:53 am

Good Morning everyone!! Cloudy and overcast this morning..it rained overnight and I'll take that rain over that nasty humidity any day! lol!

Ya'll are gonna be in trouble when Irishgram comes on waving her Penguins flag!! lol!!! I love the competition! Go girls!!! I saw one hockey game, in person, here in Cincinnati several years ago. Talk about ENERGY! Wow! The whole areana was fired up! It's so different than other sports. They all were having a ball and sooo excited.
I was born in Hamtramck, Michigan, but I have cousins in Pittsburgh, so I'm stuck in the middle!! lol! Go Penguins! Go Red Wings! LOL!!!

Well, the only real plan I have for today is to take ole' Betsy (my sewing machine) to Sears for her doctor's appointment. I hate going to the mall...

I've had no problems with my PM's after the episode last night...thanks to all who sent me PM's to test it!! It's odd that no one else seems to have been having problems...just me.

DH went to the schoolhouse to try to finish up the front steps today. Hope the weather is clear in Georgetown...it's about 30 minutes from here, so it's hard to say.

I hope to put the borders on the UGRR wallhanging today sometime.

Joanne:0)

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:57 am

Good morning, Joanne. I hope Sears can get to your machine quickly.

****TUL***** I'm sorry to hear that PepperDawg is having problems. I'm anxiously waiting for your report this afternoon. Yes, we do love love love our fur-babies.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:10 am

Good Morning, all,
Not sure what our day holds here. When DH is around, all plans are out the window. Though I got so much done yesterday that my to-do list is FINISHED! And I'd like to announce that I finished up all my UFO's! I have some blocks that have been given to me that I haven't done anything with yet, but those can't count as UFO's can they? Aren't they someone else's UFO's? I'm going to attempt, with DH's help, to post some photos of all I did yesterday.

T, I was sad to hear of your fur-baby's condition. I do hope for the best outcome for you both. Amazing how they become part of us and our lives.

Lois, maybe you'll inspire me to get to my flower beds. I haven't been able to bring myself to leave my sewing machine all week long.

Cindy - enjoy your weekend! Wish it could be cooler for you, but then it wouldn't be Texas, would it.

Joanne, I hope your machine Gets Well Soon. You need her!

Sorry about all the rain, girls, but I think we're going to get our own this weekend, so I'm saving most of my sympathy for ME!

Have a great day, wet, dry, cool, or hot, and may your weekend be a good one!

maryz

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:05 am

HELLO!!!!

All uglies done...ready to sew. No Geek Squad yet.

Dorothy...Have a nice lunch with your former coworkers. It is fun to catch up with all the news. Good luck finding the fabric for DGS's quilt.

Cindy...I am a big believer in sharing...as much as I love rainy days I would send you some and some cooler temps. My DD2 in Austin said it was going to be hot!!hot!! there.

Joanne...I will cheer for any one's team as I have none of my own.
Go all teams!!LOL
I see you are working on a UGRR quilt what is that?

maryz..I am proud of you finishing your to do list..I wish I could say that. And your UFO list..Please can I send you some of mine?? When I painted and went through everything in my sewing room I was very shocked to find I had 28 UFOs & unstarted projects. Since then I added 2 quilt kits(the sale price was just too good!!)LOL

*T* My best thoughts for you and your dog.

Later.....Kathy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:17 am

DON'T STOP BELIEVING!!!!!!!!!!GO WINGS

Return to “Sew ins”