Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY Wednesday June 10th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY Wednesday June 10th

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:43 pm

Cindy if you keep sending me to all these quilting sights I will never get anything done LOL Thanks girlfriend

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:00 pm

Grammiequilts - don't I know it!!! LOL But it is good info, don't you think? That's why this forum is the only forum I'm on because they just take up too much time. In my free time I can be on the computer or be in my sewing room. If I want to get any quilting done I need to be in my sewing room.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:29 pm

howdy,

Grammie, there is a quilt show in Santa Clara Calif in October... I could meet you there for coffee ??? it is a nice show... sooooo many quilts and tons of vendors... it's a lot of fun.

Susie, hope you have fun at the wedding

Cindy, can't wait to see the braid quilt.

Jeanne... I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday....

Mary, I love the idea of a bag full of trip supplies... those road trips can really be long.... we are lucky Marilyn is still at the age where she likes to play.... lets see who can be the quietest.....

Q7, how exciting... I dabble in my family tree once in a while... it is interesting to learn about your roots... I have a family tree maker program that I use.... have you learned anything interesting? How did your family get to California?... the states they came through also could have lots of info if you search their history centers and newspapers... oh it is too fun.

Irishgram... sounds like your penguins will be playing grammie's team... sounds like this may be fun.....when is the game?

Lucie, I think Chistmas b-day's are worse than other holiday b-days... but how nice of your mom to wrap presents differnetly...

Sharon... Sewcarolyn and I were afraid of the geese when we did the UGRR sew along.. then poof, they were cut out sewn together and we were afraid for nothing... yes, the ruler makes it easier... they may go on sale between now and August when the sew along starts... or, use your 40% coupon from JoAnns and get one... or wait till JoAnn's 4th of July sale, they always have extra coupons then... you will be surprised how easy they are to make...

have a fun night
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Oh Chriss that would mean I would have to fly???? Well we'll see. DH just raises his eyebrows and says "You wanna go WHERE????"lol

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Chriss, is that the Quilt show they have every other year? Or is that is San Jose? I saw it posted one year and then I could never find it again when it was scheduled. Was hopeing there was one in SJ last year when I went to my reunion in July, but there wasn't one.

Jeanne

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:08 pm

I just posted pix of my French Braid quilt top in photos. I'll quilt it weekend after next.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:23 pm

http://quiltfest.com/activities.asp?id= ... s.asp?id=7

Jeanne and Grammie, this is the link to the Santa Clara show... I love this one... and the fun thing is if you have teenagers you can take them, drop them off at Great America... they can ride the rides and they will leave you alone while you look at quilts... funny thing is my sis and I stayed at a motel there that said it was one block from the quilt show... well the block housed the Great America park and was like 6 regular blocks...lol....thank heavens for the shuttle service...

Grammie, tell DH you will leave lots of soups and stews in the freezer while you are gone...lol....

Cindy, your quilt is beautiful... I really like the flowers you put between the rows..

Jeanne, I searched and don't see a quilt show in San Jose... but they do have quilts in the museum there...
Exodus 33:14

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Chris. I will talk to DH and see...it might not be in the budget this year, but you never know.
I need to hit the hay....good evening to you all.

Return to “Sew ins”