Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY Wednesday June 10th

Daily discussions.
Irishgram

Re: HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY Wednesday June 10th

Post by Irishgram » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:03 am

Good morning from warm, semi sunny SW. Pa...What a great night in the "burg" last night! The Penguins won, so now it's off to Detroit...I got too worked up and had to leave the room a couple of times...

Today is a "get it together" day...I'm trying to get the house in order and then head for the sewing room...I did start in the bedroom and tackled all the shoes laying in the bottom of the closet...I've decided, even if I live to be 125, I'll never wear out all the shoes and T shirts, but I'm going to give it my best try....

DH was in the garden straightening up all the plants that got knocked over by the wind last night...My poor sunflowers really took a beating so he had to stake them...

I need to get to JoAnn's for some backing for the baby quilt but I'm not leaving the house. (Unless I get a really good offer)....

I think I'd better have another cup of tea and get back to doing something productive....

Dolores, What a great birthday gift...My 1st son was born on Labor Day as was my sister's 1st son...She had to do everything I did, we each had 5 kids, 4 boys, 1 girl and had them the same order and in the same months, but me being older, started 2 years before her....

Enjoy the day, everyone

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:22 am

Good Morning All -

I have a son born on the 7th of July and HE always thought that the fireworks show was an early celebration of his birthday!!

Got my morning chores done and DH is working in the home office today - so it will be quiet arond here

Finished 2 bibs and working on the other two, then I will do the bath sheets for my kids - Then maybe I will get to play quilting!

Have a great day - BBL

Jana

lucieshouses

Post by lucieshouses » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:32 am

Chriss, my birthday is Dec. 24th. When I was a kid I remember only one b-day party with school chums, everyone was on winter break.
Everyone forgets your birthday because it's so hectic with Christmas activities. You get one gift to cover b-day and Christmas and they say "Merry Birthday"! (except for family). I'm not complaining because I share my birthday with SOMEONE very very special.As a child it was difficult. My mom always made sure to wrap my gifts with b-day wrapping paper and Christmas gifts were separate.

P.S. DD#1's birthday is Dec. 29th and my sis's birthday is Dec. 25th one year after me!! Lucie

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:59 am

Back from running the streets. I bought some potted New Guinne Impations for the porch I got $1 perennials and a flat od Moss Roses for $5. Now off to the flower beds befor the rains come. The mosquitos are terrible.

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:28 am

Hello everyone, it is raining cats and dogs along with thunder here. It's a good day to stay inside if you can.
Somebody busted out my passenger side mirror in the parking lot at krogers yesterday so I need to go see about getting it replaced. Whoever did it didn't leave a note or anything, busted the whole thing!
Talking about birthdays I was born on my dad's b-day (27th of april) and the next day was my mom's. I used to tell them I was the best present they ever got! Of course I'm sure there were times they didn't think so, especially in my teens. It is kind of bittersweet though now that they have both passed (my mom in 1967 and my dad 2005). I always remember them on my b-day though.
Was wondering if anyone has used the flying geese ruler? I am doing the stars across america sew along and I have never done flying geese before. Any advice or help you can give would be great.
Have a good afternoon!
Shaorn

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:08 am

CindyG - I wrote Carol Miller an e-Mail telling her I also turned 60 two days after her and telling her my feelings about turning 60. OOOH dear! I just realized I would be 61 one month and one day from tomorrow! I still cannot believe I am 60, now I have to be 61?? Oh well it is better than the alternative!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:23 am

Sharon, DH got me the smaller of the two QIAD geese rulers for Christmas. Or somebody did. It was in my stocking! Santa has his ways! Anyway, I used it and it really helped square up my geese so they all turned out even. I'd made them before, using El's methods, but without the ruler and they were OK, but not quite as perfectly matched as they were when I used the ruler. maryz

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:34 am

Sharon, I have used El's flying geese ruler - it's wonderful. Perfect geese every time.

I just watched a free video of Linda Taylor discussing batting and threads. It's on www.thequiltingschool.com. It's great information and I'm so glad I watched it. I learned a lot.

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:15 pm

Hello all i have been real busy today getting the myster blocks done now working on getting the top done now....

In the swaps i post to Amie and ev1 for Amie to do a noodles swap again check it out if you like to have the noodles swap again post plze........... How is ev1? Sarah

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Hugs Sharon,If you go to the videos and watch El you will see that the flying geese is pretty easy to do.

Return to “Sew ins”