Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY Wednesday June 10th

Daily discussions.
msdeets

HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY Wednesday June 10th

Post by msdeets » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:49 pm

How is everyone doing today??

I am looking forward to seeing some sunshine some time this week. It has been dreary wet rainy and foggy. But the sun will come up tomorrow or the NEXT DAY.

When I get home today I have a project to work on for my granddaughter for her birthday. Because she was born on JULY 5th she said she has to have all red white and blue for her birthday. I am making her a beachbag and filling it with lots of goodies.

Dear sis and I are getting ready for the quilt show this weekend in Jersey. It is a nice one.

Have a wonderful day EVERYONE
Dolores

Marilynsgrammy

Re: HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY Wednesday June 10th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:44 am

Dolores, your granddaughter will love her gift... I was born on the other side of the holiday.. July 3... I always say that the USA shoots off fireworks to celebrate my b-day... but it was not easy growing up with a birthday during a holiday... most families traveled someplace over the long weekend and not many came to my b-day... oh well...

I am off to work,hope you all have the best day ever.

Chriss
Psalm 91

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:11 am

Good morning. I am off to the greenhouse today to get some perrenials on sale. If it doesn't rain I will plant some in a new flower bed and weed some others. If it rains I will work on my UFOs. Hope you have fun at the quilt show. I was supposed to go to the Colunbus show this weekend but can't go now. Oh well there will be others. My sis and I are looking into others, Have a great day BBL

csusio

Post by csusio » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:52 am

DH and I are flying off to Dayton, OH, today to attend our niece's wedding on Saturday. It's going to be fun. Will be back home on Monday. Hope we have good weather for all the planned events.

Susi

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:04 am

Good morning everyone.

Delores - good idea about a red, white and blue beach bag.

Chriss - my neice's birthday is the 4th of July and her brother was born on Labor Day but it doesn't always fall on Aug. 31. My DH's birthday is July 9. I think Eleanor's birthday is July 4th.

Awwww Grammiequilts - I'm so sorry you can't go to the quilt show. What a bummer.

Susi - have fun at the wedding.

I'm at work - same old same old. I'm planning on finishing my French Braid quilt tonight. Last night I got the border on 2 sides and I've cut the rest of the border. I need to piece them then put them on and then I'm done.

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:10 am

Good morning all. I am up early thanks to a thunder storm. But we only got a few drops of rain. Now it is sunny and bright. That's how it is in the desert.

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday, lots of phone calls, flowers, presents and lunch with a friend. I was thinking of Brenda all day too, was glad to see a post from her friend.

Hope y'all have a good day.

Jeanne

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:24 am

Happy Wednesday, All! Yesterday I finished quilting my Austin Family Door Prize Quilt and got the binding half stitched on! That's a triple Yay! When it's all finished, I'll try to post a photo.

Sounds like everyone has big plans for the day - flowers, quilt show anticipation, sewing, working, etc. I'm going to put together a pillow that I cross-stitched 20 years ago. It's been a pillow, but wore itself out and now I have to re-do the borders and back. Who knows what else will happen today.

csusio, fly safe!

Delores, your gift for your GD sounds great! Giving my some ideas. My DGS's 12th bd is July 2nd and they are taking a long driving vacation to Disneyland. Maybe some trip supplies???

Everyone, I'm so glad you're my friends! Make it a great day!

Purrfect Mary Z (lol)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:51 am

Good Morning Everyone!
I have been keeping myself very busy with family geneology. I have a two week free membership to Ancestry.com and have taken advantage of it. I wanted to know the name of my great-grandparents. I now know their first names (and married surname). I do not her maiden name, but am much closer than I was before this week!

Chriss - July 3rd is El's Birthday too.

CindyG - Your DH's birthday is the same as another famous quilter, Carol Miller, the founder of Quilt University. My b-day is on the 11th and last year she was writing about her 60th and expressing some of the same thoughts I had about mine two days later. LOL

Have a Happy day Everyone!!

SallyC

Post by SallyC » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:49 am

Morning all,
got to see 'T' at Block Party (and a bit before)--she was working on some really beautiful quilts yesterday!!!! And she found me some awesome fbric to drool over. Great new block for this month for American Barns quilt. Can't wait to get started!

Smiles and hugs to all.
Sally

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:57 am

Q7 - that's cool about having the same thoughts about 60 as Carol Miller.

Jeanne - belated happy birthday.

SallyC - lucky you - getting to go to the block party and see *T*, too.

Return to “Sew ins”