Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday June 8th

Daily discussions.
cindyg

Re: Monday June 8th

Post by cindyg » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:47 am

Thanks Grammiequilts. I'm trying to think of a scrapbooking store anywhere near me. I would really like one of those tips. I'll ask my friend who scrapbooks. She probably knows where every one of them are in and around the Houston area - LOL. Kinda like I know about a lot of quilt shops. OOPS - I just read your post about the glue tip not fitting your bottle. What kind of glue do you have? After all your trouble it might be easier to get Roxanne's Basting Glue - it comes with the fine tip. Quilt shops have it and you can get it online, too.

vivian1970

Post by vivian1970 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:10 am

I won't have to go shopping to get material for my DGD's 1st quilt. She won a fabric roll yesterday at the quilt show and it has the prettiest colors and patterns. She is soooooooooooo excited. I am excited that she even wants to do it. Surprise, Surprise!!

Love it!!!!!!!!!!

Viv

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:32 am

:)

Well Lah dee dah........ I need to get my 'act' together.

Rosie, thank God we're allowed to set our trash out the night before. They come here around 7. Then when you come home, you have to go look where your bins are. They just toss them where ever they can.

I am debating to attend tomorrow's Barn BOM during the day-time, will get to see SallyC that way. Then do a sit'n'sew, followed by a spot in Anne's class (if available). I have 2 quilts to quilt this week. *Q7* project quilt, and the 5/31 quilt.

We have enough sunshne that the tomato plants are now in bloom. When you run your hands through the tomato plants, it smells SO good.

I nuked some egg-shells in water to clean them off any left over protein, so I can feed them to my plants. I also used the ant-chalk, and *PooF* they're gone.

The snails are getting another beer party tonight. *UGH* I hate those slime-balls.

Does anyone know when it is time to 'harvest' yellow squash and radishes?

(((BeccasMom))) One more day sweetie. You'll be in my prayers on a continued basis.

BBL <maybe>

*T*

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:53 pm

Well tomorrow is my big day. I am actually looking forward to getting it done so I won't have any more pain from the tumor.

Brenda

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:12 pm

OK,,, i WENT BACK TO THE STORE, they have the caps and tips in a package for paint but they will work for glue. Cindy PM me your address and I will send you one I got 2 of them. Whew this had been an ordeal. but I tried it and it is working. the whole thing was to find a tip and cap that will fit Elmers school glue. Because it is a starch it will wash completely out...non toxic...(becuase kids eat it) lol. I'm in business now Waaaa Hoooo
Oh Brenda I will be praying for you today and tomorrow.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:18 pm

hello all,

I like coming home from work to see what you all have been up to...

you are right Maryz... fabric earned per hour...

Cindy, if we think like Mary.. fabric earned... then it isn't so oxymoronish is it???

Joanne, sorry the festival is over... I was enjoying it.. nope, didnt' get much sewing done... I did do quite a bit if coloring and crafting... did you know you can make a picture frame from popscicle sticks and beads? I did cut my DGD's bangs... they were in her face and she looked in the mirror when i was done and decided she was beautiful.... now lets see what her mom says... ugh....

Cathy, I missed something.. why will this be a stressful week... you will be in my prayers, stress or no stress.

Chrissy, I googled the Vera elephant wristlet and came up with quite a few hits.. not all are e-bay...

Tul, small raddishes are hotter than big ones..pull them up when you want to... as for the squash... keep an eye on it... it can grow over night...and I can't believe it is already barn BOM time... ugh.. I haven't done my last one... I really need to get my rear in gear...

Brenda you are in my prayers... will someone be checking in with us so we know all went well?

well, I can smell the bbq, the taters are in the convection oven, the salad is in the fridge and I betcha I can do the sewing on at least one sweet block before dinner....

Chriss

Psalm 91

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Here, radishes get ready much earlier than the others. I like them to be at least an inch/inch and a half diameter. If you leave them too long, they will taste pithy (how do you spell that?) I like my yellow squash when it is still fairly young (the skin still shiny), probably 6-8 inches long. However, for the first batch or two, we sometimes pick smaller ones. Especially if we are going to dice them and saute them. As someone said, if you look at it this afternoon and it is ALMOST ready, you'd better check it in the morning, because it will be ready.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:31 pm

Good Evening to all...

Working at home or at work you all were very busy..

I work 4/10 days and my weekends fly by. I think now that I am 61 the 10 hour days tires me out. Now that I have to take of the out side of the house it really eats into my quilting time.

I am happy to say that I did find some one to dig out the old shrubs and plant new. Sooo happy. He starts tomorrow.

Brenda...I will be thinking and praying for you tomorrow.

I am going to work on making my BOM in mini. I did not get much done last night.

Happy Quilting.....Kathy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:28 pm

I had 4 radishes from my garden today. they are the white ones and very mild with a good radish taste. Here in Michigan is exciting to get anything out of the garden before July except for lettuce. Rain has helped everything grow . We have another half hour of tornado watch so I am watching,,,,the sky is dark but not very threateneing. DH says nothing to worry about at the moment.

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:58 pm

Brenda,

We will all be right beside you during your surgery tomorrow. If we don't hear from you, we will know that you had to stay till after Thursday's surgery.

Hope and pray this is the answer to getting rid of the pain.

Stay Positive.......................

Linda
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Return to “Sew ins”