Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUNDAY, June 7, 2009

Daily discussions.
sewcarolyn

Re: SUNDAY, June 7, 2009

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:15 am

wow everyone has had a great deal to say this morning!

MaryZ---LOL about Bill's Cat House please take photos!

well I have 6 more blocks to finish up out of my 72 and it should only take about 15 minutes since they are all almost done..then I will get started on the assembly process..

back later

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:42 am

I sure am not getting much accomplished today... grandma come see this... watch me do that... lets color... make me some pop corn... have some pop corn with me.. oh well... I think I will have to sew a block each evening till I am done...lol...

about the spelling... I don't have a lot of trouble spelling.. I have trouble getting the letters in the right order... if I am supposed to type with my right hand the left hand goes first and visa versa... drives me nuts.

Cindy, my gosh 31 yards... you will be a very busy gal...

Mary, please take pictures of the cat house... sounds great...

I need to fix something to eat..

ttfn
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi again,
Well myfriend left, and I took a half hour nap:) Want to work a little more on the Irish Chain.

My parents were in the western part of Wisconsin, where my mom grew up, this weekend. She just called to say they were home, and it turns out that her cousin turned their farmhouse in to a bed and breakfast!! Just finished looking at the website-- I used to just love that place when I was little, and think of it often.... seems wierd to see it on a website, and all rennovated!! Maybe they'll give me a price break since I'm family!!!!? They named it Emil's Inn, after my great grandfather who built the house. If you want to see where I spent at least a few weeks every summer while I was growing up, check it out: www.emilsinn.com

see ya later
Cynthia

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:08 pm

*Smile*

I just spend over ONE hour with Michael on the fone. So no I am NOT getting anything done. Jeff is just now getting up, he truly slept a hole in the day and might have been watching toons or something like that on tv while in bed. I never can stay in bed, especially when it is sunny out there. I SO need my sunshine.

Now I'm hungry and I'll go eat some raisin bread slathered with butter. Jeff brough home cherry garcia ice-cream for me to eat, so I won't loose so much weight while working my fanny off with all these quiling projects I have going on.

((((*C*)))))) If I talk to you nicely............

Does anyone know of a way to get your cholesterol down while keepng your weight up? I DO take fish-oil and know about the oatmeal. Also about 1 glass of red wine with dinner. If I don't eat ice-cream before I go to bed, my weight drops dangerously low. You think that is nice. It WOULD be nice if my choleterol wouldn't rise that far above 200. My bad cholesterol is high, and my good one is low.

How do you gain weight on a fat free diet?

*T*

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:19 pm

My goodness every one has been so busy. My DD1 has gone home and now I will sew. Spelling,,,spelling,,,,spelling!! For some strange reason I tried the 'spell check' spot on the tool bar. It never occurred to me that I could use it on the forum..LOL As you all probably all know it works!! Well what can I say I still can not 'cut and paste'.

I am going to shower and then sew..later...Kathy

PS..I just 'spell checked' and had 5 words wrong..LOL

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:39 pm

Kathy - It is highlight-cut-paste. Maybe you forget to highlight.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:39 pm

Well, girls, I didn't get done as much as I wanted to. I am going to fold the last load of laundry and then put some of my Christmas fabrics in the washer. Gotta pink those edges first. I managed to get the first round of borders on French Braid. I did something so incredibly stupid that I'm not even going to tell y'all what it was. I had to rip and re-do which took time - grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. After that frustration I decided to lay on the love seat while DH was watching the Astros and have myself a little nap. Well, I didn't go to sleep but I did see the Astros win so not all was lost. Well, I'm off to the laundry room. Later.

macdor

Post by macdor » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:28 pm

Evening everyone!!!!!!!!

Kathy - thanks I just looked and the spell check is on my tool bar.

Looks like everyone has had a good day. Also, got a lot done.

For the ones that have to work tomorrow, have a good day.

Chriss - how I miss the grandma help me with this. Come watch this with me.

"T" - enjoy the ice cream. If I was to eat it every night, don't want to think what would happen.

I'm off to read.

Everyone have a great night. Hope all will get a good night sleep.

DorothyM

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Good evening everyone, Happy Sunday....I have been busy today my Mom and Sis and niece came over and I gave my niece a quilting lesson and we looked at old photos. My niece is making a slide show for my Dad's funeral next friday. Since he was cremated there will be no wake. My Mom is doing good now that she is up here in Michigan and has a lot of family around her. I finally got my new machine up and running and I am doing some machine applique to see how she runs....very nice. My computer crashed yesterday and my Dh had to run a hard drive repair program and reinstall windows..It took all day today to get it running. The bad news is I lost all my PHOTOS. the only ons I have left is the ones on photo bucket. I am going to learn how to put them onto a disk from now on or have DH do it. You cannot replace them. I mostly lost pic of the DGKs.

I haven't opened the software package yet for my embriodery machine. Because I am not ready yet to tackle something new. Maybe after the funeral and all the family leaves and I can take a couple of deep breathes.

I couldn't even get on the computer last night to gloat over My Wings. It was a great hockey game.

I am off to do some more sewing If I can I will check in later.XXXOOOJudi

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:38 pm

LOL

I am such a good dellegator.....
While I was looking trying to find my Michaels gift card, sorting out my car and purse, and re-organized some of my quilting/sewing supplies, Jeff did the dishes and got laundry started.

I really mean it you guys. How can you gain weight on a fat free diet? With my activity level I prolly need to eat 2500 calories. It is just NOT possible to DO that on a fat free diet. I can't give up using real sugar because then my blood sugar level would drop below the dangerous zone. (Besides I HATE the taste of the pink and/or blue sugar substitutes). Guess I'll go get some more red wine. Drinking red wine with your dinner cuts 30% of your fat intake. Most good merlot's don't give me a head ache.

I would LOVE to make Michael a quilt, but with everything I'm allready involved with (without taking in account I would cry with every single stitch I would do on this quilt)I would not be able to make the type of quilt Michael deserves to have.

Please keep us in your prayers that Michael indeed will be here the july 4th weekend. It is almost 80 % certain now that he IS coming.

Jeff has over 3 weeks in vacation time saved, and plans on taking a week off to be able to spend it with Michael. Also please keep me in your prayers that I will NOT have another 'episode' before, during or after his visit.

Michael also shared with me to focus more on care packages, quilts and pillow-cases and stockings for our soldiers in the hospital. Also, many end up with no actually war wounds, but DO suffer from PTSD, which they do NOT earn any type of medal for. Often they end up in a mental institution, home-less, addicted to alcohol and drugs, or prison.

Kathy ....Indeed highlight the part you want to copy and past. Short-cut key strokes for Copy is Controll C, and for paste, it is controll V.

OH lol BTW, a few of you know and even told me you would come and watch my Sky-Dive. Well........ I'll be Sky-diving with Bjorn on July 4th...Location is Perris in Riverside. North of Temeccula (SP)

*T*

PS, you only need your chute If you want to Sky-Dive more then once. I'll be wearing mine.

Return to “Sew ins”