Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUNDAY, June 7, 2009

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: SUNDAY, June 7, 2009

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:24 am

morning friends,

what a beautiful day... I need to go to town to pick up some pictures at the Rite Aid today and sew on my sweet swap blocks.... I would be thrilled to get half way done today...

Cathy, did you get those flowers planted? sounds like you need something other than benadryl...

Brenda, will keep you in my prayers for Thursday...

Vicky, sounds like a cozy party... enjoy...hope everyone showers before they show up...lol..

We... I am sorry... hope it's an uneventful day for you... my stepdaughters boyfriend will come over here with her but he stays outside in the car... I won't let him in.... she has sat in this house for an hour then we walk her outside and here is boyfriend sitting in the car... he is such an idiot...

Viv, blackberry jam is soooo good, but then so is strawberry.. my MIL used to make jam all the time.. I loved it.

Kathy, how is your daughter... has she stayed away from the idiot? evey once in a while I think of her and wonder how she is doing...

Joanne, yours sounds like the perfect weekend..

Mary, glad the wedding feast turned out..
Exodus 33:14

macdor

Post by macdor » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:43 am

Good morning all. I can see that some had a very early start to the day. You make me feel better. I'm not the only one that is up half the night.

About the spelling, I have never been a good speller. It was something that alway bothered me. One day I was talking to my X, he said that the CEO of his company was not a very good speller. At that time something chicked. Just because spelling is not your strong point, you can still achieve anything. I think the hang up goes back to school days when you had the spelling test and you got a grade. Today there is spell check and dictionary. So I'm with all of you if we can communicate and the other knows what we are saying who cares.

Brenda - will be thinking of you on Thur. my prayers are with you. Lets us know when you are feeling better how things went. If you don't get what is on your list done, that's fine.

Maryz - when I read your post was getting concerened with boxing all the cat things up. Then I read on so could see why you are doing it. Being a cat lover myself (5 cats) two inside and three outside, was afarid that you might of lost your cat. Let us know how things turn out at the "Bill's Cat House". Also, have fun with your new fabric.

JoanneO - Have some funnel cake for me.

For everyone that I didn't mention have a great day and enjoy what every the day takes you.

I'm off to the shower, then pick up. Think I will play with 2 1/2 strips and see what I come up with.

Have a great day
DorothyM

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:04 am

Cathy - are you up and at 'em this morning? I can't believe Benadryl revs you up. I wish it did that for me. Yes, it was Sherrie that was over yesterday. The twins are getting so big. Hannah sure does boss her brother around. She points her finger and jibby-jabbers at him. He just looks at her like "whatever". LOL

Vicky - I just sent up a little prayer that the rain holds off for your party. But even if it does rain, things always have a way of working out.

Brenda - prayers being sent up for you for your surgery Tuesday. I'm sure your hot air balloon will turn out beautiful.

Quiltnewby - enjoy your friends visit.

WeSig - I hope all works out well for your DD. So many women stay in abusive relationships. I don't understand it myself. I'm a self-preservationist - LOL.

Vivian - enjoy the quilt show. MMMMMMM Blackberries. Blackberry pie sounds good.

Kathysquilts - You have a full day. My mother and grandmother lived on Long Island in East Hampton and relatives lived in Sag Harbor and Montawk Point. I've only been there once when I was about 10 yrs. old so I don't remember much about it except that it looked like a picture post card.

Joanne - yum yum - funnel cake. I only get it once a year when we go to the Wurstfest in New Braunfels, TX. I love the big fireworks shows. Doing them in the yard - not so much. They are danagerous and I'm a wuss.

Purrfect - your RV rally sounds like fun and "Bill's Cat House" is hilarious. I just told DH about it and he got a kick out of it. I'm glad your wedding dinner turned out OK. Yes, I'll show my quilt when the top is finished. Hopefully that will be tonight.

Marilynsgrammy - enjoy your day of sewing.

Dorothy - my boss can't spell either and is constantly asking me how to spell words. He's very successful so not being able to spell hasn't slowed him down any. I read somewhere that, because of the abbreviations kids use when texting, nobody will be able to spell in the future. So all that matters is that you get your thoughts across.

Well, I've hung up one load of clothes, an other is ready for the dryer. I'll get one more load into the washer then dryer and THEN I'll wash all that Christmas fabric. In the meantime I'm going to put the borders on the French Braid quilt. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. BBL

EDIT: OMG - I just recounted my Christmas fabric yardage - 31 yds. Good grief, I'll be ironing for a month! LOL What was I thinking??

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:34 am

Good Morning Everyone!
Was it the full moon playing havoc with sleep patterns last night? I could not get to sleep either.

WeSig - You always manage to do more work in one day than two or three of the rest of us. You are well organized. I hope you enjoy the party.

Vicky - I hope the rain holds off!! Have fun at the party.

Vivian - I will be picking boysenberries today. I don't think there are enough yet to make jam so I just freeze them. It will be very soon though.

Maryz - You have a lot of fabric to wash! Have fun fondling the fabric!

I put a spell checker in my Internet Explorer a while back and just have to remember to use it. My typing is sometimes terrible.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Carol

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:35 am

Good morning again. Oh yes I am up and at 'em. I watched early Church on the computer. Would have went but was afraid I'd cough my head off during services or spread this crud. Then went & had pancakes. LOL Changed into my slop around clothes, talked to my Dad, my DH, my oldest Son all on the phone, had a couple of cups of coffee on the patio while doing so with clothes in the dryer. Now I'm waiting for the lawn to dry a bit so I can tackle that. Oh how I dread that. DH has been after me for 3 years to hire someone to mow, weedeat & edge it. I like it done a certain way & don't want it just halfway done so we do it ourselves. I need the exercise so it is my job when DH is gone. He does it when he is home. This evening I will plant that flat of flowers. ugh!

Vicky, I hope the rain holds off or comes before your big party. If not, just look at it as one of God's gifts. Everything happens for a reason.

Cindy, one of our twins is a real bossy thing too! LOL Wonder if there is usually 1 out of ever set? In ours, the other one jumps and obeys the bossy one. Not good. They tell Steph "Do not let Laurie boss you or order you around! Tell her no." But she doesn't. She will get her fill one day & it won't be pretty. LOL I am so thankful the Lord never blessed me with twins! Whew!

We, tell your DD's boyfriend to keep his hands off of your DD or he won't like having to deal with Mama Bear!

All of you precious Angels, I better run. If I sit here too long I will start to get tired & I still have a lot to get done! I want to get the outdoor stuff done so I do not have to take any Benadryl after 2pm and then maybe I can sleep tonight like a normal person. I hope each and everyone of you have a great day today and enjoy whatever you do. Just being given this day was a blessing.

Love you ALL

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:37 am

Hi again.... well cleaning is done (at least as much as I'm willing to do), have a little time before I need to jump in shower.

Saw some of you talking about spelling.... I was educated by nuns-- grammer and spelling were big then. HOWEVER I may know how to spell things, doesn't know I can TYPE them right!!

I feel bad for those of you wih daughters in abusive relationships.... I would go crazy if someone hurt my child.

Then there's my son, who is the nicest, most respectful and gentle person in the world, but the girls seem to go for the bad boys--- I don't get it!!

Well, I'm off to quilt a few more rows:)

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:40 am

Good afternoon,

Taking a break from doing nasty stuff. Figured the house should look at least halfway decent when dh comes home tomorrow. Need to change the sheets, too. What has gotten into me???

We, my Dad was abusive when he drank - which was often. He seemed to keep a buzz on, but when he really got loaded, he was not a nice man. Mother got it, but as I got older, I got more and more. I just stayed away from home as much as possible w/ volunteer stuff and going to the library. Got married at 19. Mother could never see that denial is a river in Egypt.

I get embarrassed when I read my posting and see a misspellled word. My school system was big on spelling, grammar and pronunciation. I also learned to sight read, not phonics, so spelling was a biggie. DH is dyslexic, so spelling is hard for him; but he doesn't have any problem asking for help.

Brenda, I'll keep you in my prayers Tues.

Back to work.

Rosie

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:10 am

*Smile*

I had a *Great* day yesterday. I think it is all related to the good fellowship we have here at QIAD. We're here for each other through thick and thin.

Jeff has been gone all day yesterday to play a board game with his friends from WAY back when. He'll be home today. I had my 'dream' zone again last nightt. It was very bizar. I HATE 'dreams' like that. So yeah I too was UP around 3 am. Our lack of sleep might be related to a full moon indeed.

Yesterday I talked to my lady friend (She's Dutch) on the phone, who lives just south of Santa Barbara. We're both planning to BE in Holland when Queen Beatrix steps down, and Prince Willim Alexander takes the throne.

Dorothy and Agnes, did you know that Einstein couldn't spell either? He was Dyslexic. I am severe dyslexic. AND heh heh, I have what they call FAT fingers (that explains the typo's right?). *Tul* <===== not the sharpest Tul in da shed. *o/* <===== does that mean I am almost as smart as Einstein?

WeSig, pleaseeeee Beat the CRAP of him, I'll come over and help you with that. He better NOT mess with Mama Bear and her slew of Angels.

Kathy I too have had your daughter on my mind off and on and am wondering how she's doing these days.

Quiltnewby05, I have a son like that as well. I just don't get it. He'll be 32 this month. Has a VERY stable job, is a total Christian, very independent, polite and respectful, LOVES his cat, is looking to buy a house this year or next.

((Brenda)) I have been counting off the days with you. Prayers will keep winging their way to you. ((((Becca)))) We'll be here for you if and when you need us sweetie.

CHriss, you can bet your bottom dollor on it that LOTS of Pics will be taken when Michael is 'home' with us. He did call Jeff yesterday, so I have more hope now, and pray he won't disappear off the face of this Earth once again.

Vic, I Love that song 'Dancing in the Rain'

Yeah CindyG, I too show your mine if you show me yours.
MaryZ, good way to put it.

I hope I didn't skip anyone's post. If I did, it wasn't done on purpose to make you feel ignored. *Smile*, I believe most of you would know that allready about me.

Guess I better DO get a few things done today, as I see it is allready past noon. Good thing is Jeff is home and maybe I can 're-cruit' him into lending me a helping hand. We don't always work well in team-work (even tho we're getting better at it), we do well if I make a list, and each of us take care of half the list.

Isn't all this sharing with each other fun?

BBL <maybe>

*T*

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:12 am

Good afternoon from sunny, warm SW. Pa...Our weather is fantastic and I sure hope it stays....We went to early Mass and then breakfast with friends...I then talked DH into stopping at KMart..I love the cheap slip on sneakers and when they're on sale, I need to get there fast to get my size...

There must be something about sleeping and the full moon...I had a dream about a fellow that I had dated back in the dark ages...I've been married almost 55 years and this fellow had passed away years ago...That was strange!

DH was working in his garden and then I had him trimming a couple of trees...I took a break to check on my sister and DH stopped...I told my sister, can't have him sit too long, we don't want rigor mortis (sp) to set in....(If he knew how I talked about him)

I'd better be nice to him, he's the one cooking the burgers on the grill, later.....

Brenda, will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers....

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:50 am

Well I can't believe but I got my house clean. My last load is in the dryer and I just have to clean up some paperwork tonight. tomorrow I will run to krogers and just get a couple of things in for when I am off recuping.

No sewing as of yet but everything else is getting done so progess is being made.

BBL

Brenda

Return to “Sew ins”