Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, June 4th

Daily discussions.
Irishgram

Re: Thursday, June 4th

Post by Irishgram » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Good early evening from sunny, chilly SW. Pa....Oh My, it's been a very long day....My sister was having shoulder surgery bright and early this morning, so after only a couple of hours of sleep, I went with her...Her DH was along but he's diabetic among other problems and she was worried about him sitting most of the day by himself...The surgery it's self went perfect but they had a hard time getting her oxygen level up to what it should be....We didn't get back to her house until late this afternoon and then she needed help getting changed and even going to the bathroom. She also has a big ice thingie hooked onto her shoulder that needs changed every 20 minutes..I think, sitting and waiting is worse than doing a full days work and I'm darn tired....

I'm not going to be doing anything this evening but trying to stay until bedtime (which might be 7:00). Hopefully the Penguins will have a good game, win of course and that will keep me awake....

Enjoy the rest of the evening, everyone

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Taking a break to watch game shows. I'm hooked on Jeopardy. I even get mad when no one gets the final one and it seems so obvious to me.

Grammie, I agree w/ Brenda. Tell us about the machine.

Wee, really enjoy the daily saga of the mama elk. We get deer every now and then, but elk are not an Ohio thing. For those confused, yes, I live in the middle of the city but the deer are everywhere.

Brenda, I was convinced your surgery was this week and couldn't figure out why no one had asked about you or you hadn't posted. DUH

Must be off ( everyone says so)

Rosie

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi all I unpacked the machine and threaded it but got side tracked again. Phone calls and dinner. Now I need to rearrange the sewing room AGAIN because this machine needs to be closer to the computer to download patterns and such. I recieved an embroidery school class on line with it and it is a live class, you have to register for the class at a certain time. this is going to be difficult. but maybe after the funeral and such next week. I got a Babylock Allure Plus....I tried to talk the store owner out of the cardboard cut out of El, but they wouldn't give it to me. I thought it would be a riot in my sewing room. I did look through the book and saw some wonderful quilting patterns in the archives. How cool to embroider and quilt at the same time...something I must try.

Jo, I have windows to do too. All the the " busy" got in the way of my spring cleaning frenzy. I also have to cancel my trip to Columbus for the next quilt show. the funeral is on the 19th. Maybe we can all meet up SOME TIME. Well back to the drawing board.BBL

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:55 pm

I posted Tia's Tulips over in the photos but I thought I'd post them here for all too seeings how I kept you all abreast of the happenings of this quilt. I hope to get pictures of the Wedding quilt tomorrow.

Vicky

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:15 pm

Rosie next week is the big day. My neuroligist said that they have really good cocktails in the operating room waiting for me so I will have a great time LOL during the embolization.

I will have a friend of mine come on here to let you all know how I am doing since I will be in the hospital for 2-3 days.

The Sharonville Convention Center in Ohio has a sewing/quilting craft show the end of June and since I will be off work I am going to really enjoy going to it. This is the first year I will be able to attend.

Brenda

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:27 pm

Vicky...I love Tia's Tulips...nice work!

Return to “Sew ins”