Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, June 2nd

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Tuesday, June 2nd

Post by suzette58 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:37 am

Good morning everyone. I am at work already. When I get home after dinner getting my husband off to work I will be working on my stepdaughter's quilt. I have to add 2 rows and have the borders cut and ready to be added. It's getting there. Yippee!!! Hope everyone has a great day.

Suzette58
Suzette

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Tuesday, June 2nd

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:47 am

I am getting ready to go to work too... but it is getting closer to friday...

I would like to get something sewing wise done after work today.. time will tell

you all have a super day
Chriss
Psalm 91

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:40 am

Good Morning everyone!
Suzette and Chriss have a good day at work!! Just glad I don't have to go anymore! lol!
DGS Ryan will be with me again today...DH and DS2 will be working at the schoolhouse until tonight! They will work on the tin ceiling and finish up the painting on the eaves.

Today is supposed to be a hot one...up to 90 deg and more humid. Ugh! DH got all the window air conditioners in yesterday..thank goodness! It was already 73 deg. at 8am.

I got all the small borders on my 6" squares from the UGRR done. Had to finish the handwork on the wagon wheel block and now need to put on the borders. I just put 1 1/2in. borders all around and squared them up to measure 8". Now I need the sashing and cornerstones. Not sure how much sewing I'll do today...we'll see how it goes!

BBL
Joanne:0)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:18 am

I'm going for my walk at 8am with my walking neighbor. Thank goodness for our dogs, because they won't let us off the hook! My neighbor is having a total abd. hyst. tomorrow, so Snickers and I will be walking alone for a few weeks. A round of 4 errands this morning should see me back home by 11am where I hope to do a little sewing. AFTER washing the living room windows, of course.

Sounds like everyone has a plan for the day. I hope everyone's day is a good one. maryz

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:00 am

Good morning. Today is my Monday this week. Just need to do my hair and brush my teeth and I'll be ready to go.

Hope every one has a good day, and I'll see you tonight.

Mary

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:14 am

Good morning everyone

Up early for us - I am still on California time - Today I get to go find some new quilt shops as I got done yesterday all that I had to do - Yippee!! It is already warm here in Utah and last night we were treated to a great lightening show - I know that I am weird because I enjoy a good thunder storm!!!

Have a great day where ever you may be!!

Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:51 am

Good Morning Everyone!
Today I will be sewing, H.W., gardening and exercise. I picked about a cup of boysenberries yesterday and a couple of apricots. The apricots are not ripe, but the critters are eating them, so I thought I would get a couple. There are very few this year.

Suzette - Isn't it nice to sew on the borders? Glad you are finishing the quilt.

Joanne - You are really making progress on the UGRR! I look forward to seeing it completed.

Purrfect-lady - I will say a prayer that your friend's surgery goes well. Your dogs must love for you to walk them!

AuntJana - Have fun at the quilt shops.

Everyone - have a wonderful day!
Carol

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:48 am

This is Tia at her homeschool graduation last night.

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:04 am

Tia looks so happy, congrats! I still remember my high school graduation! Yes, yes, it was many a year ago, but some special events stick with us. There were just 56 in my greaduation class.

Gonna get most of my special project done today, I hope. Then a couple special blocks, then if there's time left, I'll try to at least get a few pillow cases cut for Judyquilts, yes, they must be to her by June 13, so I best do more than cut!

You all have a great day, prayers through the day continue for those needing them today and for all of us to remain in the protection of our Heavenly Father.

love to all, carol/kittyquilt

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:19 am

Good early afternoon from semi sunny, warm SW. Pa...It's one of those days where you're not sure if it's going to be nice and sunny or get a little rain....Just sitting here with the window open, the scent from my orange blossom bush is really strong...So nice!

So far, I really haven't earned my keep...I finished the bedroom, cleaned the kitchen and fed the cats and that's it!...I just haven't decided what I'm going to get into...

Chris, you asked about our Meals on Wheels...We work out of 1 of our local churches...We do have 2 paid staff, our coordinator and our main cook (who does come up with the menus). Every Monday we have "sauce" day and have anything and everything that requires sauce and that's my job...The other days, we have a good variety, meat loaf, stuffed pork chops, chicken etc. Along with the hot tray, which has 3 compartments, we also send along a bag, consisting of a salad, fruit, milk, sandwich and some type of goodie...Our people are well fed, to say the least...We also started wearing different colored Tshirts for each day and of course Monday is red..I also made each one of our Monday gals an apron with extra large red and white dish towels and we look like candy canes.....And you're right, I do have a good "retirement" life...I'm very blessed.....

And another blessing, I finally heard from my doctor about my MRI and you guessed it, couldn't find anything in the old noggen, lol....Now we feel it might be sinus or allergy related.....

Well, time for lunch, a cup of tea and then who knows what....
Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone

Return to “Sew ins”