Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, June 1st

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Re: Monday, June 1st

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:22 am

My grand son had alot of ear infections and finaly at 6 years of age he had toncills and adnoids out and tubes put in all at the same time and now he is much much better no sign of even alergy .And by the way if he does lay flat with a bottle that might be a possilbility of ear infection.

Lois

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:53 am

Tess I agree, Where did May & the first half of this year go? WOW! Uh I hate to think this much less say it or type it, but that just means we are getting closer to Thanksgiving & Christmas. I have got to get serious & quickly! LOL

I feel so badly for babies & children with ear infections. I am dealing with one myself & I know why they cry. I would too if it would help.

Hugs

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:28 pm

Good early evening,
Thanks for all your help with Coop and ear infections.

Maryz so you think he could use a sippe cup instead of a bottle? I give him one with ice and a little water in it and he knows to put it in his mouth, but not to tip it up to drink out of it. I didn't know if it was too early. He doesn't lie flat with a bottle. How and why do babies get ear infections?

I am kind of new to the block swaps things but I was wondering if you all out there could tell me if it says a mail by date and nothing happens what do you do? sit and wait I guess.

Going to a baseball game tonight, don't really want to go but kind fo feel obligated. I really just want to stay home and sew.
Sharon

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:34 pm

Sharon - What block swap are you in?

macdor

Post by macdor » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Good afternoon everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been reading the post about the children with the ear infections and croop. I had trouble with one out of three of my children with ear infections. My Dr. did not believe in taking the toncills and adnoides out. When DS was in his teens they were still talking of putting tubs in his ears. I'm not sure if the ton/adn should be taken out mine were and that stopped all the ear infections till I was in my 50th's. I have 5 GS and they all have their ton/adn. They have had their share of ear infections and croop. My children never had the croop so when I heard it with GS, I was shocked. I feel so sorry for the little ones. Ear infections hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sippy Cups are good, we did not have them when my children were young. My GS did have them. At first you might want to take the pug out till they figure out what to do with the cup, just a suggestion.

Everyone have a good evening.

DorothyM

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:55 pm

Sharon, yes, Cooper can handle a sippie cup, but he probably can't coordinate holding, tipping,and sipping yet. he would need a little hands-on guidance. Not saying the bottle was causing the ear infx, but it's an easy place to start. It was the cause of my daughter's. And it's only if he lays flat to drink. Liquids can pool in his eustacian tubes while they sleep and that can cause infection. We fed our preemies from 30cc medicine cups, just tipping a little into their mouths at a time as we held them upright on our laps. Sounds weird, I know, and many of the nurses were resistant at first, but those babies did all right! Sometimes, when babies are able to finally be upright by themselves, sitting, walking, crawling, the problem is resolved. If not, then that's when the tubes might need to be inserted, a simple procedure, which usually fixes the problem. A little off topic, but I hope I've helped a little and that Cooper does OK.

I have a sweet little problem of my own! We have a bird nesting in our garage. I think her babies have hatched, but I'm not sure. She's up in the eaves. So now we have to leave our garage door open until everybody moves out, I guess. Last year we had to postpone having our house painted by a month because birds were nesting in our eaves. We live on 2-1/2 acres of big trees! You'd think there would be at least one of them suitable to build a nest in, but I guess not. LOL! Fun to watch!

mz

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:00 pm

hello all... I am finaly home, dinner has been eaten and I am checking in before I hit the shower....

Maryz... if you find out the brand name of the lights you can search for them... maybe they are someplace other than harbor freight??? and... I have never heard of cup feeding very interesting...

Cathy, which pattern did Lodad post??? and were there bubbles in that tub hmmmmm????? wink wink

Sharon, we have little tomatoes on our plants already... about 4 of them... I am so so excited... I always get the first tomato of the year... wheat bread, mayo, American cheese and tomatoes... I look forward to it each year.... as for Coopers ears... my son only had about two ear infections in his life.. he also went to day care and I smoked outside at that time too...

Irishgram.. I love your posts... you have a fun "retired" life... do you make the meals on Wheels in your own kitchen or do you have to go to another kitchen....

you all have a fun evening
ttfn
Chriss

Exodus 33:14

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Sharon, another thing that causes ear pain in babies is when they are teething. Hope little Cooper starts feeling better soon.

Mary

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:24 pm

*Smile*

I think it is UNusually 'cold' here for this time of the year. It's okay during the day but Yeacks, having to flip on the fire place and/or central heater at night?

Does any one knows if black spots on bell-pepper plants (at the joints only where the branches veer off from the stem)is normal? Alos I have a TON of flowers on my bell-pepper plants, should I pinch a few of them off the increase the size of the other bell-pepper?

I spotted a few leafs with aphid on my hibiscus, so I'll put some ground koffie with banana peel mixture at that one.

Has anyone heard from LP? My thoughts and prayers are with her.

*o/* I just talked to my son, and we're planning my date to go Sky-Diving. I am SO excited.

Don't forget to read the posts under 'Project from the Heart'. There is one there that takes only a few minutes to do with a potential closing date this coming Fri. June 5th.

I'm about to hop into the shower.

BBL

*T*

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Was wondering also if anyone has heard from Linda. DH was supposed to see pulmonary doc this morning, I think. prayers are with them.

Everyone seems to have had at least a nice day. I made a lot of headway on one project, finished the top for my UGRR, now to layer and quilt it, and have cookie dough just about ready to bake for the dessert swap. Now I have to think about something for dinner and then thing about sleep.

have a great day tomorrow, everyone, take care of yourselves and everyone who is ill, please feel better tomorrow. hugs, carol/kittyquilt

Return to “Sew ins”