Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, June 1st

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Monday, June 1st

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:09 am

Maryz, I was told that those lights were only sold by Harbor Frieght. You can order them onling.

KATHYSQUILTS - I'm sending you a PM regarding the book.

Cindyg - I want to hear about the new RV!

Everyones up now, so time for breakfast.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:39 am

Good Morning everyone. It is a beautiful sunshiny day here. A bit windy but that is okay. I have a Drs appt for this Crud and ear ache. It is no fun for sure & I feel terrible. Just cannot get warm.

No sewing for me today again. I ordered the pattern that Lodad did and am anxious for it to arrive. May be late Summer before I get to it but I just love that pattern. I also placed a QIAD order Friday so I have good mail to look forward to. LOL And I am not making umpteen pillowcases Cindy. LOL You will have a great project to show for your order though especially if they are gifts. I'll have Eye Candy to show for mine. LOL Hey...it is cheaper than therapy! LOL

Well girls going to go soak in a hot tub of water & see if that warms me up. I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed day.

Love You All

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:17 am

Afternoon all,
It is a beautiful day here in Louisville, just right, not too hot.
Hope everyone has a good week. Waiting to see what block and person I have for the block swap, I was hoping it would be posted by now. Oh well.
Today after Cooper leave I am going to work on my sweet treats blocks. I have 4 done, only 16 left to do.
I got rid of the bugs on my tomato plants, the soap and water worked, thanks everyone. Can't wait for the tomatos to start coming, nothing better than a sandwich with homegrown tomatos on it, yummmm.
Just wondering if those with grandkids or little ones could tell me or refresh my memory. Cooper is 7 mos old and has already had 4 ear infections!! is this normal? I don't remember my dd's getting them like this. He doesn't go to daycare but mom and dad smoke, not in the house. just wondering..
Have a good afternoon, Sharon
bbl
edited for spelling

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:27 am

Sharon I am so sorry about little Cooper having ear infections. I know that huts like the devil! One of my little DGS's had them like that consistently for the first 2 yrs then the Dr put tubes in his ears. It really has helped a lot. His parents do not smoke but he did got to Daycare after he turned 6 mos old. The first 6 mos. I kept him. I smoked outdoors but not while I had him at all.

Hugs

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:27 am

Wee One - it's not my RV that's new. It's someone else on this forum so I really need to let her tell you all about it. It's not my place. I was just trying to hint to her to tell y'all about it.

Cathy, you must be running a fever. I hope the doctor can give you some medicine that will help you quickly.

Sharon - ear infections are pretty common. The twins have had numerous ear infections. They just got tubes put in their ears about 6 weeks ago. No more ear infections so far.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:27 am

Notice anything different under my name? I was chatting on the phone with QIAD's Karyn this morning and first off I just love this wonderful lady. She is so much fun to chat with as all of the QIAD staff is. We were chatting and all of a sudden she called me Agnes. LOL I have been called many many things in my life and some were not as nice or pretty as Agnes. We laughed and laughed and she apologised as she did not know where in the world this came from. I told her no problem, that I actually liked it. LOL I went in to see if I could change my forum name and couldn't figure it out. I was going to put it where the 32078 is, so instead I put it where my location was.LOL So now you can call me Agnes if ya prefer. LOL I answer to a lot of names. I'm not picky. LOL As long as you call me for fabric or dinner, I'll be there. Karyn made my day brighter with this and we hope you will smile over it too. LOL

Love you All
Agnes

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:31 am

Sharon, does your grand-sweetie lay down with a bottle? That can often lead to chronic ear infections. After 7 months of nursing, my youngest (now 32!) went right to cup feeding augmented with a bottle. For the next 5 months she had ear infx after ear infx. Doc said take away the bottle! We did, and she was fine after that. By the way, I'm a retired NICU nurse and we did cup feedings even on our breast-fed preemies in the hosp to avoid "nipple confusion" and they did very well. So cup feeding is a viable option if a bottle can't be tolerated. We held a little "bye-bye, ba-ba" ceremony when we tossed a representative bottle into the trash and she never asked for it again. Good luck! maryz

Tess

Post by Tess » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:23 am

Whee, where did May go? It's warmed up here and finally looks like the rain has passed on by.
I've been sewing like mad all morning. Trying to sew up ALL my small scraps. I thought a scrapy Irish Chain would be a great way to use alot of them. I've got a good start, but will be working on this for awhile yet.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:10 am

Good afternoon from sunny SW. Pa...It's only in the 70s but a very nice day....This morning it was back to cooking at Meals on Wheels...I hadn't been there for 3 weeks and told the girls I needed retrained...My job today was to make the sauce for our spaghetti and it turned out pretty darn good, if I do have to say so, myself....DH and I then delivered 23 meals and he is so funny...There are a couple of people that have dogs and DH always has to play with the pets...He even had me get out of the car and play with 1, a huge golden retriever named Sammy...

After lunch our Schwan man came and of course I made the mistake of buying "nutty buddies"...I think there are 36 in the box, so I filled a bag and went to visit a neighbor, which took an hour....So it's been kind of a lazy day..

I think I'd better head for the bedroom and finish putting up the summer curtains etc. Right now the room is just a bit bare...

I just had a call about a board meeting this evening for our Lioness club...I was hoping to stay in but unless I can come up with a good excuse, I'll be going....

Hopefully this week, I'll get back on track and spend more time in the sewing room.....

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone....

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:17 am

Getting ready to hop in the shower and head to guild, but thought I'd stop in and say HI.
Sharon, so sorry about the little guys ear. I was blessed and so was my mother in that none of us or my son ever had one. I got my first one when I was in my 50's and now I now why babies cry.

Neen working on the quilt for the teacher. Should have had it done last week, but that's life. Couldn't decide on how to quilt it to make it cute and not cover up the kids' work on the squares. Finally decided to stipple inside each block and make a kind of frame for what's inside. I'm using a variegated thread in primary colors so it looks really cute.

Must go, gotta meet the gals for dindin.

bbl

Rosie

Return to “Sew ins”