Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday the 31 of May

Daily discussions.
Irishgram

Re: Sunday the 31 of May

Post by Irishgram » Sun May 31, 2009 10:15 am

Good afternoon from darn near perfect SW. Pa...It's a little chilly from the wind but the sun is out and it's in the low 70s...I don't think we had any storms around here, if we did I slept right through....I hate to hear about Mother Nature causing havoc.....

We went to early Mass and then breakfast with another couple...I had to laugh, it seems now the topic of conversation is aches and pains...Both the men hurt their backs, so we got to hear all about that...We then had to stop and get a few things from the food store and then back home....

Nothing exciting happening in this neck of the woods...Cats are all sleeping and DH just decided to light the grille..I'm not doing any sewing today but might work on a baby afghan....

Of course we have another hockey game tonight...Last night's didn't end too good for the Penguin fans here in Pa...But we'll do much better tonight....

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone
Stay safe

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun May 31, 2009 11:10 am

Hello, Hello!!!!

I just had a "flood" light bulb moment!! For over 20yrs I have had my own sewing room. And when I sit at my table across from me are 2 cabinets(4'x6')that is were keep my fabric. As I'm sewing together the blocks I think I wish I had a flanel board to put these on, I look up then FLASH. I will get some flanel and velco..run it across the top of the cabinets. Put the flanel up when I need it!!! I am sooooo happy!! <*<*<*Pleased with myself dance*>*>*>

After all that I will go make my dinner..

Later....Dancing Kathy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun May 31, 2009 11:24 am

Good afternoon everyone - Just arrived in Utah and got my hands on DS's computer and have been ROF reading the posts of driving with DH's. I just did that and he spent the time in the backseat driving me nuts as we crossed the Nevada desert with your going to fast - 85 across there is not to fast!!! Other DS works at Cabelas so I have an in on their stategy!!

No sewing this week but plenty of LQS around here to buy fabric at to add to my stash. DH keeps telling I can't add to stash so we can move - I don't think that 2 moving trucks is unreasonable!!

Have a great day - I am enjoying the thunder storms that are happening here - Not any bad ones - just good lightening shows

Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun May 31, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi - I went to the nursery. I did not find pineapple sage, but they said they do get it in. However, I did find Chocolate Mint, Lemon Balm, and Lemon Thyme. I also bought Tarragon, Dill, Marjoram and Basil. I found Chamomille seeds and some coreopsis seeds. I guess I will have to go outside now!!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 31, 2009 2:00 pm

Lyn, I haven't seen the show but it sounds funny....

Kathy, you are brilliant... I love the velcro/flannel idea... could work for me over the closet doors in my sewing room... hmmmmm...

Q7....mmm chocolate mint... I need to go to a nursery sounds like they have lotsa new plants....

Jana, glad you made it safe.

ttfn
Chriss
Psalm 91

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sun May 31, 2009 3:07 pm

:)

*Hi* every 1

I'm trying to go squeeze in some time with Jeff, so I'll have to make this quick. (LOL yes I can be short and quick when needed)

New project under 'Project from the Heart'. Please read and spread the word.

If I'm outta line with that one, feel free to *smack* my hands.

*FluFF*'s

Prez *T*

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sun May 31, 2009 3:31 pm

Everyone is busy today. Cathy, I hope you feel better soon. Wee One, I know what you mean about the fishing lures. For every White Bass lure we buy, I could buy a yard of fabric. BTW - someone on this forum just bought a new 5th wheel and it is gorgeous. She can tell you all about it if she wants to. I just love it when someone gets an RV! WOO HOO

Yesterday my BFF and I went to a new quilt shop that is only 10 minutes from my house. They are not completely set up yet but they had quite a bit of fabric. There is lots more room for lots more fabric and the lady said they are getting fabric in every day. I think it's gonna be a good quilt shop and I am so excited. DH is not - LOL. Then we went to another quilt shop about 30 minutes away and then to WalMart. I finally got myself a new iron. It is a Shark Professional. I have never had an iron that does such a great burst of steam! I jumped out of my skin the first time I mashed on that button - LOL. So today I have been doing laundry, a little sewing, and I have washed all the fabric for my Judy Neimeyer quilt, some Bonnie Blue Quilts fat quarters and some Fairy Frost fat quarters and Fairy Frost green that I might use on some of those 23 Christmas pillowcases that I will be making. Now I have all the fabric that was stacked in my laundry room washed and put in my sewing room. I also cleaned out my closet and some drawers - have about a clothes basket and a half to drag down to Good Will. I have also goofed off today working jigsaw puzzles online. Been watching the Golden Girls reruns all day.

Y'all have a great evening.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun May 31, 2009 4:20 pm

Good Night Ladies!!!!

I think I will copyright my velcro,flanel idea makes millions& millions. Then I will take us all fabric shopping!!!!!

I had fun hanging with you during my 10 days away from work(:(:(:
Boooo..I go back tomorrow. I will check in.

Love ya, Kathy...keep quilting

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun May 31, 2009 5:40 pm

A quick hello.I am off to bed. The babies will have me up by 7 am. My Detroit Red Wings just beat the Pittsburg penguins again and I am happy happy happy. I miss you all....hope everyone is doing well. Have a great evening. XXXOOOJudi

Return to “Sew ins”