Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FRIDAY MAY 29

Daily discussions.
Irishgram

Re: FRIDAY MAY 29

Post by Irishgram » Fri May 29, 2009 6:25 am

Good early afternoon from dreary, cool SW. Pa...We've had rain almost all night and some today but they keep promising better days...Hopefully the weekend will be good....

With all this talk about the Pineapple Sage, you know I'm going to have to hunt one down...Where did you get your's Joanne?

Yesterday, I worked on finished that quilt for my friend and just need to put the binding on it, thank goodness...When she e-mailed last week and asked if I had been working on it, I was ashamed to tell her no...But it will be done by the time she gets to Pa....

DH has hurt his back again so for him it means, sitting in front of the TV or reading...He's not 1 to sit and this is killing him...One of these days, he'll realize he can't do what a 20 yr. old can...He took care of me after my test the other day, so I'll make sure I treat him well today and maybe even tomorrow....

Time to raid the frig, my tummy is starting to grumble.....

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri May 29, 2009 6:42 am

Irishgram, Hi! I bought my Pineapple Sage at a small local nursery here in town...she sells lots of herbs. If you don't want to drive all over looking for it..call first to anywhere that sells plants and herbs and ask if they have it. It's an annual, so it doesn't come back every year (for you, too, in PA)..maybe down south it would come back...or out west somewhere. I'm so glad to hear that you got that quilt finished!! Whooo Hooo! The binding, for me, is easy....just time consuming, but I love to do that in front of the TV...hmmmmmmm...maybe you could teach your DH to do bindings!!!!! LOL!! No kidding!!! Would he be up for that?? Poor thing! I have a bad back, so I know how that feels...hope he recovers fast. How did your tests come out??

Joanne:0)

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Fri May 29, 2009 6:57 am

Where has Rosie been? I haven't seen her post in a while.

Brenda

Roben

Post by Roben » Fri May 29, 2009 7:17 am

Afternoon, everyone! Its finally a beautiful day here in Iowa, just when I get the bug to be in my sewing room all morning :-) I finished a heart pincushion out of a layer cake square; it was so easy, and cute! I'll be sending it in a box to a friend who can use some cheering up. I got the pattern in the free section of the Fat Quarter Shop:
http://www.fatquartershop.com/Free-Quil ... shions.asp

Here is a site with pictures and info on Pineapple Sage:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/191 ... f/go/1913/

Have a fantastic day, all!

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri May 29, 2009 7:23 am

Brenda, I thought I saw a post from her yesterday in this thread..

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri May 29, 2009 8:01 am

Roben, thanks for the link about the sage! It's really interesting to read all the remarks from everyone.

Joanne:0)

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri May 29, 2009 8:44 am

Hello all..

I am having an apple break..trying to eat healthy. Maybe loose some weight.

All this talk about pineapple sage makes me miss my herb garden. I had to give it up due these biting ants. There is a massive colony of them under the herbs. Maybe I take a little trip to herb farm..it is so beautiful there.

The rain has stopped...but no sun. The landscaper is not planting anything today...he is just coming by to look and give me a price.
New plantings is/are(?) one thing that needs to be done to make a good impression on people that come to see the house when I do put it up for sale.

perfect-lady...what is an Austin Quilt? I have a DD living there. I see that many of you go to Joannes(?). The nearest one to me is 45min.
It seems to far.

I have 7 of 12 blocks done. I should be able to finish them today.

Later, Later Kathy

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri May 29, 2009 9:01 am

Well, it's almost time to leave for work. Just dropped in to see what else was going on today. Everyone will be in bed by the time I get home tonight, soooo see you sometime tomorrow.

Mary

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri May 29, 2009 9:03 am

Roben, I loved checking out the site and seeing a picture of that pineapple sage...I'm gonna have to look for it this weekend...

Joanne, Thanks for asking, but I haven't heard from my doctor so I'm assuming there's nothing there, lol. Of course he could call and tell me there's nothing there, right???? I can imagine the look I'd get if I asked DH to bind the quilt....

I just talked to my DDIL in she told me 1 of the grand sons might need a brace or surgery for curvature of the spine...She is a bit of a hypercondriac (sp) and of course is all shook about this...She also has MS (non disabling type) and is constantly running to the doctor.But enough about her, we, of course are concerned about DGS...Always something......

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Fri May 29, 2009 9:39 am

Brenda, I'm here just lurking. I've been super busy and in real pain in my knee.

Made a "quilt in a Week" - ok, I'm not El - for the lead teacher in the class. It turned out fairly nice. I had the kids all sign blocks w/ crayons and the I framed them and put in cornerstones. Went really fast, but learned not to get the Debbie Mumm fabric again. I had one piece of it for sashing and it raveled like crazy. Too bad because it is really cute.

Since yesterday was the last day of school, today is my day. I really slept late and plan to do some reading and sewing.

Really nothing going on. My goal is to sew an hour a day, at least, and get caught up on all my blocks.

Rosie

Return to “Sew ins”