Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FRIDAY MAY 29

Daily discussions.
Quilter7

Re: FRIDAY MAY 29

Post by Quilter7 » Fri May 29, 2009 4:08 am

Good Morning Everyone,
I have be trimming flying geese this morning, but must go to work.

Joanne - I must get some of that pineapple sage. It sounds wonderful. Butterflies seem to like all the herbs. Martha Stewart suggests putting the flowers into salads for a burst of flavor. It sounds like pineapple sage would be perfect for that.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri May 29, 2009 4:40 am

Another lovely day in the Rocky's. I'm glad it's Friday for those that work, hope you enjoy your weekend. I'm sewing today, getting a much needed massage then go to the Chiropractor.

Joannequilts - Thanks for the idea of a sewing basket for grandkids. DGD is 4, but it won't be long before she can try her hand at stitching. Also appreciate the info about the Pineapple Sage. I wonder if I kept one in a smaller container if I could stunt it's growth, like a Bonsai?

purrfect-lady - I'm going to remember your last line. :)

GrandmaTaz - I bet all those tiny pieces are going to come together to make a wonderful quilt for a little boy!

momof6quilts - I looked at the slide show, thank you for sharing. You have lovely, talented young ladies!

Lyn

macdor

Post by macdor » Fri May 29, 2009 4:45 am

Morning all hope everyone is having a good day. The one's that are getting rain hope that is what you need. Here in Fl. we have had rain and sun. The rain we have had sure has greened up everything.

Stopped at the post office on the way home from the chiropractor and mailed my GS's quilt to the longarm quilter. Looking forward to getting it back.

Joanne - I have never heard of pineapple sage. Need to go to Home Depot tomorrow and will look and see if the have any. I bet it would be good in tea. How is the ear doing?

Chriss have a great time with GD this weekend and the graduation.

Everyone that has to work today, hope that day goes fast. If you get to stay home have a fun day in the sewing room.

DorothyM

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri May 29, 2009 4:49 am

And a bright and cheerful day to each of you. Yesterday and today were/are late shifts at work, so I just got up. I'm having some coffee, then will get dressed and work on my embroidery block some more before leaving for work.

Chriss...enjoy your weekend with DGD. They are moments to be treasured. I so wish I could spend time with my DGD.

Suzette...I have faith in you to get SD's quilt done in time for the wedding. I was feeling the same way about getting my daughters completed in time for her wedding. I finished it 2 days before I had to leave for CA to go to the wedding. You Can Do It!

Joanne...the pineapple sage tea sounds scrumtuous (sp?).

Maryz...enjoy your outing/shopping.

Will bbl if I get a chance before work.

Mary

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri May 29, 2009 4:55 am

GrandmaTaz that airplane quilt sounds so cute! Can you post a picture when you get one of the blocks done?? I'd love to see it!! That's a neat idea to do airplanes because of the Air Force connection..how cool!

DGS Ryan is with me again today...with his two turtles in the box. He's watching the cartoons now..

I used the ear wax remover stuff last night and again this morning. I just finished using the ear bulb to flush it out. I can hear again!! yippeeee!! But I got really dizzy and wobbly after. I'm ok now! Next time I will use that right away, instead of messing with the peroxide. Thank you all for your advice and help!! This forum is great for all kinds of information!!

Vicky, sounds like you'll be way busy for awhile! Good luck to the girls...that should be fun!

Kathyquilts, if it's not raining too hard, they can landscape in a light rain. It's funny how if a neighbor starts planting stuff, the rest of the neighbors start doing things, too! I think it just reminds people of the things they want to do in their own yards, so it motivates them to do it!

Q7 I used to do alot with herbs about 10 yrs. ago...not so much now. But I always grow Oregano and Sweet Marjoram and some Thyme. I LOVE Marjoram in my scrambled eggs and omelets..it's a little like oregano, but much milder flavor. I did plant a Cilantro this year..I don't really use the leaves, but I like the seeds (Coriander). I'll have to try Roben's suggestions for using the Pineapple Sage though. Mint is nice, too, but I keep it in a pot...never in the ground! It's so invasive. I even planted a pot in the ground ("they" say it keeps it from spreading, but "they" were wrong! lol!).

Ya'll have a great day!
Later!

Joanne:0)

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri May 29, 2009 5:02 am

WeeOne, I would try the Pineapple Sage in a pot! It probably wouldn't grow as big. Heck, try it anyway! It's a pretty plant. Another suggestion to go into the sewing basket is a small drawstring bag to hold the notions. Miss Pearl, a dear friend, made me several out of double knit polyester and they are soooo handy! I have several baskets for different things. One for handquilting, hand piecing, binding, applique, hand embroidery. That way, I just grab the basket, the fabric and go with it! Instead of searching all over for the right needles, thread, etc.

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Fri May 29, 2009 5:23 am

Good morning. We have such a storm last night and today it is nice and sunny. too bad I am at work but it will be over soon since I think I will just work half a day.

I did finally work a little on a quilt I have been trying to quilt for the longest time.It is a king size and now with my neck and shoulder hurting so bad all of the time I can barely lift it but I wanted to atleast pin a border so that maybe I can sew it a little bit tonight We will see how I feel tonight.

My kiddo wants bacon and eggs for dinner tonight so it should be an easy dinner to make then I hope to sew some and tomorrow get to the pool.

Brenda

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri May 29, 2009 5:38 am

Hey Brenda!! We saw the lightening and the thunder last night, but it didn't rain. Yesterday afternoon it poured buckets!!
Good to see that you are able to work some, even if only half a day. How soon until your surgery? Do you have a date yet? It'll be good to get that over with so you can feel good! My prayers are with you.

hugs,

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Fri May 29, 2009 5:47 am

Yep Joanne my first part of surgery (the embolization of the tumor) is on 6/9 at University Hospital and the actual removal of the tumor is supposed to be the 11th which I just found out so that means I have to stay in the hospital which is not good. I don't know if I can handle that.

We had rain and lightening and thunder for a couple of hours. I love it when I am in the house and can watch it. It calms me.

Brenda

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri May 29, 2009 6:02 am

Brenda, I love the storms...unless it gets too severe! lol!
You'll probably be fine in the hospital...just tell them you are anxious and they'll give you the "good" stuff (my ex MIL called them the "I don't give a d-m pills"! lol! Seriously, they should be able to keep you feeling calm in there. But I know what you mean..I really don't like hospitals either, but they need to watch you I guess.
Try not to stress about it...

hugs,

Return to “Sew ins”