Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FRIDAY MAY 29

Daily discussions.
msdeets

FRIDAY MAY 29

Post by msdeets » Thu May 28, 2009 11:14 pm

GOOD MORNING ALL ! ! ! !

I can't believe the month of May is almost over.

It is foggy and soggy here in NJ

BUT Thank God this week is coming to an end and tomorrow I can look forward to sewing and finishing my baby gift for the shower next weekend.
I know some of you all are still sleeping but on the east coast we get up early it is 5:15 am.

I have to finish my wonderful cup of coffee and then get ready for work.
Have a wonderful day and Hope sunshine follows you all day.

Dolores

fabricgirl

Re: FRIDAY MAY 29

Post by fabricgirl » Thu May 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Goodmorning Sis

I don'tthink the sun will follow us today I to am looking for the work week to be over .

when I get back from work will be going to the foodstore then I will come home and try and get some stuff done and try and get into the sewing room.

Have a fun day BBL.

Lois

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri May 29, 2009 1:45 am

mornin' I am so glad today is friday... it seems the short weeks are really the longest...lol

we are supposed to get to 90 degrees today but there are a lot of thunder storms and some rain around us... makes for a humid day.

I am off to work, we will have DGD this weekend and I want to get some sewing done too... she likes to have me sew some fabric for her..

you all have a super day
Chriss
Psalm 91

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:36 am

Good morning everyone. I am so glad it's Friday. I am hoping to leave work early and stop by my LQS. Have to get fabric for the borders on my stepdaughter's wedding present. I am not sure it's going to be done before her wedding tho. I have to have it quilted and am not sure if the quilter will be done in time. My fault. Shouldn't have waited too long. Have a great day
Suzette58
Suzette

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri May 29, 2009 2:46 am

Good Morning everyone! The humidity is supposed to leave us for awhile and no rain is predicted for today! DH and son are planning a fishing trip today so I might have DGS Ryan again.

Chriss, I just thought of something. During our show in August, we brought alot of fabric squares and taught the grandkids to hand sew them together. They loved it! Little Ryan loved it the most! So, maybe you could try that with your DGD?? I found a basket with a hinged lid to keep the squares, needles, scissors, etc. in, too. It helps the kids to learn hand work, plus no worries about using the machine.

Another footnote about the Pineapple Sage. It grows to be fairly large..about 3 ft. if it likes it's location. The leaves are a yellow green, and has red flowers and attracts butterflys. It smells luscious! Just like pineapple! You can take several big handfuls and put them in some boiling water, let it sit for a few hours and steep, it makes wonderful iced tea! (Edit to add: PS--it smells nothing like Sage!)

Joanne:0)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri May 29, 2009 2:53 am

Good morning everyone! We've got singing birds this morning and might get up to 80 deg. today. A very nice day for here. At least it won't be 90!! I get to go to JoAnn's today! Which is in Tacoma. And DH said, "Good!" because he has to go to Tacoma for an errand, too. We always try to consolidate our trips over the toll bridge. So he'll drop me off and go do his thing. I need the makin's for a blue garter for my DSIL. And who knows what all else I might find I "need"! LOL! I have her wedding supper all arranged and now I can settle down to the fun stuff!

Yesterday I sewed a little on blocks for my older sis's quilt, but mostly spent the day sewing muslin edges onto my Austin Family Quilt and then I loaded it onto my L.A. frame. But, when I went to sew, I kept getting VERY loose, loopy stitching on the underside. Now that machine was sewing beautifully a month ago and I've changed no settings. So I need to play with tensions, I guess. Cats can do mysterious things sometimes, and mine are extremely talented. Quilting machines are like the little girl with the curl right in the middle of her forehead. When they run good, they run very, very good, but when they run bad, they are horrid!

But even a bad day quilting beats a good day working!! maryz

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri May 29, 2009 3:09 am

Good Morning!!!

It is rainy again here on Long Island. I do not mind it is watering my plants. But my grass is about 8" long LOL

Dolores...For someone that got up at 5:15 on a cloudy day you sound like sunshine!

Lois...I hope your work day goes by fast so you can get home and sew.

Chriss...For us here it has been a very cool and rainy spring, NOT a problem for me. I have never liked the dampness and humidity here.

Suzette...Good luck with getting you SD's quilt done. Any quilt is worth waiting for. I am sure she knows how much work it takes.

For all of you that went to work today yesterday was my last vacation day(i do not work fri's)and I will be back on Mon.))))::
I got so much done in & out side the house. Usually when I have time off I visit family..I really like being home, 10 days in a row. I can not wait to stop working!!

Now I have have breakfast and read the paper, then clean up a few things around the house. After that I am free to work in the baby quilt((::
I hope the landscape man come in the rain..I really want to replace those shrubs.

Later....Kathy

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Fri May 29, 2009 3:49 am

Good morning all. It's only going to get up to 85 today, and rain showers in the forcast. That is a good thing for us. We had a little rain yesterday. Here, that means it just wet the streets a little. But we will take it. Google says our humidity is 72%, well that's alot for us. We are used to Zero........ My son in NC laughs at me when I say our humidity is high. He says, Oh is it up to 20%....LOL

Got all my pieces for the baby airplane quilt cut. I'm making the airplane block from the Victory Quilts book. Each block has 22 LITTLE pieces. Yes, I am blonde and nuts........But that's another story.....LOL It's going to be so cute. I'm making it in Red, White and Blue as the Grandpa and Daddy of this baby boy (not born yet) Are retired Air Force and active Air Force, so I thought it would be cute to have the airplanes.

Y'all have a good day.

Jeanne

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri May 29, 2009 3:51 am

June Gloom is here on the Southern Cal coast.....off to school and then to a million meetings (ok only 4)

be back later have a wonderful cotton filled day

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Fri May 29, 2009 4:06 am

Tomorrow is the BIG day for the girls. Their Senior/ Sophomore Recital. Here is the Slideshow that will be shown before it starts.

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s8/V ... 0eb887.pbw

My father will be here in a few minutes and the next few days will be CRAZY! So I may not be on.

Vicky

Return to “Sew ins”