Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Daily discussions.
Quilter7

Re: Thursday, May 28, 2009

Post by Quilter7 » Thu May 28, 2009 1:03 pm

Hello Everyone,
I worked today so haven't been here to post. I did cut fabric this morning before the work call. I hope to cut some more this evening, but need to get something for dinner.

Take care of your ear Joanne. It sounds like everyone has given you great advice.

I have seen pineapple sage, so thank you Roben I think I will buy it the next time I see it. I bet I would really like it. I have a marinade I make for chicken that calls for oregano, I bet it would be fabulous with pineapple sage!

Chriss - Congratulations to your son.

Carol

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu May 28, 2009 1:16 pm

Hello, I finally back here..I got so much done. "All" 8 pots are planted. They are filled with little(2") plants in hopes that they will grow big. Well I had to LOL as my summer nieghbors had their landscapers here allllll day adding more & more plants to the truck load they put in last year. LOL they are making my poor yard look a little old and dull. Good thing I am having some one come tomorrow to give me a price to replace the half dead shrubs by the front door.

I am now working on my quilt as you go Log Cabin blocks.

I see everyone was very busy today...Cindyg...13.5 lbs of fabric!!! You go girl. I can not wait to see the pillow cases..I love making them.

Happy Quilting....Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu May 28, 2009 3:03 pm

hello, finally home from work, dinnner has been eaten and I am relaxing....

there was a picture in today's paper... Mariposa only has a weekly paper.... a woman killed a 54 inch rattle snake... it is amazingly big....

Joanne, I would like to see a picture of the school house when they are finished... bet it is really cool... is it a remodel ? my ears get so full of wax that I have to use the waterpick on them once a month to be able to hear... lol.

Vicky, tell Tia congrats on the quilt... I bet it's beautiful...

Mary if you like the star quilts you should think about joining us in August for the stars across America sew along... it will be fun.

Roben, you should consider the sew along too... and now I have to figure out pineapple sage....

Maryz.. well, what did you sew?

Dorothy, it isn't a swap... it's a sew along... a new block is picked every so often, we sew our own and post a picture and everyone tells you how great you did... it's a lot of fun... hope you do join us...

Sharon, sorry Cooper isnt' feeling up to par... I remember taking my GD for her shots... I bawled like a baby... they were hurting my little precious granddaughter and I just knew she'd hate me for life... but when my son got his shots it wasn't quite as traumatic for me... funny huh?

after reading the description of pineapple sage I now want some....

also I want to thank everyone for their congrats on my son's graduation... he has really amazed me... he hated high school and got lousy grades.. and now he doesn't even have to study for tests and gets A's... yep, hes a brat... and I apologize if my earlier post offended anyone... I just was trying to show the innocense of a little kid not trying to pass judgement or hurt anyones feelings...

and now... it's off to the showers... hope you all have a fun night

ttfn
Chriss
Psalm 91

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Good evening to all........didn't have much time to post today, just said goodbye to Cindy B. and we had such a wonderful day together. It was like we've known each other forever and it was such a great way to break up my week. We went out to lunch where she tried out deep fried cheese curds, which she liked and then onto a LQS, which she purchased some different fabrics. (I really had to twist her arm hard!) Back home to talk and spend more time together. I hated to see her go, but hope that we'll be able to see each other again.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:17 pm

ME - It sounds like you had a delightful day! It is so wonderful to meet a forum friend in person.

Chriss - A 54 inch rattlesnake is a mighty big snake.

Some of you are buying a lot of fabric!!

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Thu May 28, 2009 5:00 pm

Chriss - Congratulations to your son. .....and glad I didn't see a 54 inch rattler!!!

I have been so busy that I am not able to chat much...but school is out on the 11th!!! I had 2 IEPs today and 2 tomorrow and the end of the year meeting for Speech Pathologists in the district...a mandatory pot luck..Then next week I only have 4 IEPs..of course I haven't even started testing one of the kids ;) My evenings have been on-line writing these up....I would rather be her chatting or sewing...............

and this weekend..after Izzy leaves I am clearing out my sewing room to set up my frame and machine ....MaryZ I am so excited!!!!

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu May 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi Carolyn - Hope all those IEP's are going well! I miss seeing your posts. I look forward to hearing about you new toys!

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Thu May 28, 2009 5:39 pm

*Smile*

Whoopie Doo. I was indeed able to get a few more zzz's in.

Still shaken the Hawthorn off, but relief is on its way. They'll be getting beer in a shallow dish.

Aphids are VERY agressive, so I'll make another concoction of coffee grounds and banana peel mixture. Some of the plants will need some more of the clean eggshells ss well.

Tomorrow I'll make the Hot pepper with soap mixture.

I have never grown bell peppers. This is what I see..... black spots on where the joints are from the stem to the branches. Is that normal or is that yet another creature?

I found residue on the leafs of my yellow squash that looks shiny, are they left behind from the ants?

Now also my snap-pole-beans have chunks missing from some of their leafs.

Man, this gardening is not for sissies I tell you that.

So yes, I did spend all day at QIAD yesterday. 9am -6pm sit'n'sew and 6pm untill 9pm Anne Dease's class. WoW I worked on my 'Orion Star' pattern with Anne's help.........

So many things going on at once, ........ There is a GIANT sale going on at QIAD right now. IN-Store as well as on the web. Thank You (whomever) for the $250 stimulous check.

Any of the locals, Sunday May 30th drop off your red, white and blue fabrics. Class schedule has been up-dated. There is a sign-up for the Long Beach show, be sure to check it out.

Cindy, QIAD's store manager send an e-mail today with easy to click-on sales. Thank YOU Cindy. If you did NOT receive the e-mail PM me with your e-mail addy and I'll forward you a copy of it.

Gentle reminders:
Mah Pahkers project is DUE.
Remember *Q7*'s project is only 6.5", so she might need a few extra's.
Voting is open on kho's contest.
Maggiestew still has blannk squares?
We're ALL El's Angels, so be sure to help each other out, and it's okay if you're the one that needs to lean on one of us.

Peach is leading the 'H'El's Angels' (maybe that's why ALL of the QIAD's employees were keeping me so busy yesterday? trying to keep me away from Mah Pahkeh's desk?)

If I mixed up some of the events and/or projects feel free to set me straight.

All I can say about the 'Orion Star' pattern........???? Make sure you have your stash ready..... The Sky is the limit.....

PepperDawg is almost 10 years old. The 1/2 Vicodin really did help her. Good thing Jeff and I don't like em. Maybe the vet has something like Vicodin, but then for Dawgs?

Leo is starting to whistle 'This old man....' He is also trying out his 'talkin' voice. He Loves to whistle 'sweet nothings' to any wiggling toe.

Jeff's on his way home from the office, it took me THIS long to catch back up again with y'all. If I can keep him enter-tain't maybe I can spend some time in facebook. My farm must be all dyin out in there. I need more neighbors to help LOL, add me as your buddy.

Last time I looked Tara was holding the thropy for bejewel blitz.

I must be having *Fun*, cause time sure is flyin.

MeQ and CindyB I was Pea green today.

Kadie-Roo,Beccasmom,Carin,Helen,MeQ, and a few more El's Angels...just know I have you on my mind. All of you will be in my thoughts and prayers. For some of you this has been a VERY tough month. I've been there, done that, have a T-Shirt to prove it.

C Ya in face-book.

*T*

PS, sorry to have been so long winded. The older you get the shorter the days are.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Thu May 28, 2009 6:33 pm

Tul you mentioned finding a shiny residue on your Squash leaves, that sounds like the dried slime from Slugs. If you are noticing oval shaped holes in your leaves, then it is probably Slugs eating them. Lowes or Home Depot sells a product in a lg dk colored plastic container called Slug Bait. It works well. Better than beer. You are so right....Gardening is hard work and not for sissy's. LOL Always something. I wish you the best of luck!

Return to “Sew ins”