Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Daily discussions.
Joannequilts

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Post by Joannequilts » Thu May 28, 2009 1:42 am

Good Morning everyone! Cloudy and probably rainy today. Have a wonderful day!

Joanne:0)

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Thursday, May 28, 2009

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu May 28, 2009 1:50 am

well good morning Joanne, looks liek we were posting at the same time...

tomorrow my little boy graduates from college... he still has more college to attend but gets his gen ed degree and is on the honor roll.... he started out wanting to be an Ag teacher, but has chosen to follow his grandpa's footsteps and be a fireman instead... I remember when he was about 9 and he told me he and his friend Jordan were going to live with me forever... then a while later he asked if he and Jordan live together is he gay.... I miss my baby... but love the man he is..... he has come a long way...

I hope you all have a wonderful day today... I will be heading off to work as soon as I put some lunch in a lunchbox....

ttfn
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Thu May 28, 2009 2:20 am

Hey Chriss good morning to you! I've been watching you post in Chit Chat! lol! It's funny watching the different threads "hop" to the top when someone posts.

DGS, Ryan the 5 yr. old is with me again today. Grandpa and dad went to the showgrounds to dig the footer for the front steps at the schoolhouse this morning and I'm waiting for the FedEx truck with the tin ceiling tiles.

My left ear is closed..I spent yesterday with the peroxide and ear bulb trying to get it to open...it's driving me nuts! So I can't hear very well...my right ear has some hearing loss (probably from putting it in front of the stereo when it was blasting out the rock and roll when I was a teenager!) lol!

Hope you all have a great day and I'll check in later!

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:10 am

Good Morning Chriss & Joanne. I hope you both have a great day today.
Chriss I hope the day speeds by at work for you. And Congratulations on your Son! That is wonderful & I know it makes you proud, as it should. My Dad was a Fireman also. Nothing wrong with that profession except that it can be dangerous. But? Others can be too. I am happy for you.

Joanne I know that feeling with the stopped up ear. Isn't it terrible? I hate that when mine does it. Are you having Sinus or allergy problems? I feel for you.

I don't have a grandchild here today. But will have the 4 yr old twins tomorrow & all night tomorrow night. Looking forward to that. Today I have got to plant some Moss Rose or Rose Moss that I bought over the weekend and never got it all planted. Then will do the floors and beyond that I am not too sure exactly what I will do. Enjoy it whatever I do. LOL The sun is shining beautifully and it is going to be in the lower 80's today.

I hope you all will have a wonderful Thursday doing whatever you do. Will pop in later.

Love you all

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu May 28, 2009 3:20 am

Good Morning,

It is windy and chilly here today, maybe a little rain. The most I am going to do today is put the flowers in the pots. The lime,seed & fertilizer will have to wait. I think my age(61) and fat(way too much) has caught up with me. MY knees seem stuffed with cotton. Walking is a little stiff and painful. A light bulb moment eat healthy!! LOL..It also means a day to sew...(:

Chriss...What a happy day your son is graduating!! Have a great time.

Joanne...Have a wonderful day with Ryan. He sure will keep you busy!
I hope you get thay ear open....I remember being told that rock & roll was no good for me. Hearing loss was one of the "bad" things. LOL

I must get potting so I can start sewing...I am going to miss this free time when I have to back to work):

Later...Kathy

macdor

Post by macdor » Thu May 28, 2009 3:22 am

Morning everyone!!! Sun is out, but the rain is on the way. We have had our fill. If someone needs rain let me know for I will send it your way.

Chriss - have a great day tomorrow. You have every right to be a very happy mother. They do grow up so fast, my baby is 37 his son is 10.

Joanne take care of the ear. Hope as the day goes you can hear better.

Just ordered "Stars Across America" will be looking for the order. I love stars I seem to look at quilts that have stars in them. Thinking of making the Carpenter Star. I picked up McCalls Quilting "America Loves Scrap Quilts" magazine and it has a "Star Sampler" that has been put on my to do list.

I need to get another cup of coffee and something to eat.

Have a great day everyone.

DorothyM

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Thu May 28, 2009 3:31 am

Good morning Kathy and Cathy!! lol!
Ryan has a box turtle that grampa found yesterday at the showgrounds. He's driving it nuts!! But it keeps him occupied! It's on our front porch in a box and will never starve..! He keeps trying to feed it..force feed! Actually he's pretty good with it.

It's funny, DH and I both hate the Rap music...I find myself saying the same things about the "new" music that the "old" folks said about rock and roll! lol! At least our cars didn't vibrate when we played our music! LOL!

It will rain most of the day...which is fine with me. I did get a couple of Pineapple Sage plants in the ground and four Black-Eyed Susans planted last night...it wore me out! I'm 63 and it (and this extra 20 lbs!lol!) has slowed me down....good thing I'm retired...it takes all day now!

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Thu May 28, 2009 3:37 am

Good Morning Dorothy!! You must have been posting when I was!
I ordered the "Star" book, too...are you getting into the swap???

Chriss, DH asked me yesterday if they get gifts when they graduate college like they do for high school graduation??? We've got a BUNCH of high school graduates in the next couple of years...and one grandson will start his third year of college this year! Whew! We'll have to start saving! I'll bet you are sooo proud!

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Thu May 28, 2009 3:42 am

Good morning.

Tia got the quilt done and guess what, her camera isn't working! I took pictures with my sons camera and I don't know how to get them on here from there, it isn't has easy as a Easy Share Kodak. But I'll post soon. Also I have the wedding quilt top done! YEAH! I still have to take pictures of that one.

The grandkids are coming over today. We don't have a craft so I'm pulling down the "CRAFT BOX" and letting them go at it!

I cut out the borders to my Calendar Swap but with this recital Saturday and my dad coming tomorrow I don't really know if I'll get any thing done on it.

I hope you all have a GREAT day!
Vicky

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:45 am

Good morning ladies. Today I will be playing the morning away, then going to work this afternoon.

Joanne hope your ear feels better and that yuo get it unplugged soon.

Chriss have a good day at work or at least as good as you can.

Cathy and Kathy enjoy your planting and potting of flowers. Come on over and I'll let you help me tackle my weed, lol.

DorothyM I love the star quilts, too. I am always drawn to them, but I haven't done one yet. I keep changing my mind as to which one I want to do first.

Everyone have a wonderful and fun filled day whatever you may be doing. God bless.

Mary

Return to “Sew ins”