Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fabulous Wednesday May 27, 2009

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Fabulous Wednesday May 27, 2009

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed May 27, 2009 1:31 pm

wow, what a long hot day... did you all see Carolines pictures of Natalie? aren't they so great... I love her little nose...

Sharon, the bugs are probably aphids... lady bugs eat aphids but don't make our mistake.. we bought lady bugs at home depot thinking they would be in aphid heaven... the next day the lady bugs flew away..... have you looked at QIAD? last time I checked the star across America book was around $18..if that doesn't work there is always Amazon.... and WeSig puts on such a fun sew along... I just think the world of her.... but don't tell ok?

Kathy, sorry you have to work on Monday... I really can't complain.. I had friday and monday off so it was two short weeks... only two more days and I get a weekend.

Joanne, I like jelly beans toooooo... and I think I need to add borders to my blocks to square them up... ugh.... I wish they would just come out like they are supposed to but I guess I need more practice...

Tul, I want to see the Orion star pattern too....

Irishgram, I love when someone mentions Aldi's... we don't have them out here but it reminds me of taking Jerry's grandma shopping in Illinois... good memories...

well, Jerry has the grill started, it looks like hamburgers for us... he was just telling me how fresh the buns were and that they had no mold... always a plus in a bun...

I will hit the shower
ttfn
chriss
Exodus 33:14

macdor

Post by macdor » Wed May 27, 2009 1:38 pm

Evening everyone.

Only a little rain today, but the day is not over. We lost power for about 2 hours last night. It was at 11 pm so that wasn't to bad, just go to bed. Todd had to stay up to reset the breakers in the fish tanks and the Koi pond.

The Connerstones of My Life quilt is moving fast tomorrow I'm at my last round of half strips and then it start on lattice strips. That is good for my mind is two quilts down the road.

"T" I'm on FaceBook too. Lots of fun.

Chriss hope you had a easy day at work today. Only have two more days to go.

Lori good to hear that you are feeling better.

Has anyone heard how other Dorothy is doing today?

Everyone have a good evening.

DorothyM

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed May 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Hello..I'm ready to sew.

I'm felling a little rested. Let's see how much I can get done.

Kathy

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Wed May 27, 2009 3:43 pm

This is just a quick HI to all. I have been lurking, but really haven't had time or energy to post.

Started a quilt Sunday and pin basted it today. I was going to try and quilt it tonight, but I am too beat.

I am having so much trouble w/ my knee that just walking wears me out.
Since DH is visiting his CA daughter, I took the top out to a LQS so I could pin baste while sitting down.

Tomorrow is the last day for the students and Friday is the last one for me. I know I'm not too old for this, but the other older ones in the building "help" their hair color. Since I'm the only one gray, the kids think I'm ancient.

This Bonzo is going to bed.

Rosie

PS - Since this was a quilt for a teacher, I purchased some of the Debbie Mumm fabrics that had school tools at Joanne's for sashing.
It may be the worst fabric I ever bought. It really ravels. Just a heads up before you buy.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed May 27, 2009 4:07 pm

Good Night...

I finished a few Log Cabin blocks..I am so tired...Kathy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed May 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Thanks for the info on the Debbie Mumm fabric Rosie. I was looking at it last time I was over there.

Well I did get out to the Quilter's Bee, the new lqs. It's a big store. They have a lot of room to fill up. I'm sure they will in time. I did buy some fabric and a book. As soon as the fabric is washed, I will start cutting it for shashing. TTFN
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed May 27, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi Lori - Thanks for the information on the quilt store. I am sure they are still awaiting deliveries of fabric. Maybe by the quilt run in July the store will be filled. I look forward to seeing the store. Did they have batting?

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed May 27, 2009 4:53 pm

Carol, I completely forgot to look. I remembered when I got home. duh. Guess I have to go back.
Lori 8-)

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Everyone have a good night. I'm headed for the bed.

Mary

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Wed May 27, 2009 6:12 pm

Lori and Carol...yes the Orange Quilt Bee has batting :) they said it is what Leah carried....

HI EVERYONE! Just popping on for a second I still have my girls home and I am busy with them until Friday night ...then I will be back....

Return to “Sew ins”